An overview of AEMO’s gas markets
In this section
In this section
- National Electricity Market Overview - industry
- National Electricity Market Overview - public
- Metrology for the NEM
- NEM System Restart Information Sessions
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
- An overview of AEMO’s gas markets
- WA gas retail market training
- Understanding Market Settlement and Transfer Solution (MSATS)
- Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
- Energy Markets: STEM, Balancing and LFAS
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
Designed by AEMO’s industry experts, the new gas e-learning program provides an overview of the east-coast gas markets and is broken down into specific modules, so you can go through the content at your own pace.
With over eight hours of e-learning, the course acts as a great precursor to AEMO’s face-to-face gas training, and provides an in-depth understanding of:
- AEMO’s gas markets: eastern and south eastern markets, Gas Bulletin Board and Wallumbilla & Moomba gas hubs.
- About the STTM – how it operates, key arrangements with trading participants, market fundamentals, emergency arrangements.
- About the DWGM –Declared Transmission System operations in Victoria, trading participant arrangements, system security, key market concepts and processes.
- Settlements and Prudentials – Markets settlements comparison, settlement and prudential concepts explained
- The Gas Supply Hub – Why a gas exchange?, registering for the GSH, market and legal frameworks, trading and market operation, gas delivery, market support.
Attendees of the course will gain an understanding of AEMO's role in various gas markets.
Location and dates:
AEMO will be running face-to-face gas education courses.
City Date Melbourne 23 March 2017 Melbourne 2 May 2017 Sydney 6 July 2017 Expression of Interest Melbourne 22 August 2017 Expression of Interest Melbourne 21 November 2017
City Date Melbourne 20 March 2017 Sydney 4 July 2017 Expression of Interest Adelaide 24 August 2017 Expression of Interest Melbourne 23 November 2017 Expression of Interest
Interested parties can either enrol in both the e-learning and face-to-face training at a cost of $880, or simply register for the gas e-learning at a cost of $220 per person.
How to enrol:
- Visit the AEMO Learning Centre.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also gain access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.