Reserve Capacity Mechanism
In this section
In this section
- National Electricity Market Overview - industry
- National Electricity Market Overview - public
- Metrology for the NEM
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
- An overview of AEMO’s gas markets
- WA gas retail market training
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Understanding Market Settlement and Transfer Solution (MSATS)
- Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
- Energy Markets: STEM, Balancing and LFAS
The Reserve Capacity Mechanism (RCM) training session provides background on the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) in Western Australia (WA), including the history of the RCM, with a strong emphasis on the features of the capacity market.
- Information on annual publications like the WEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities.
- The concept of capacity credits.
- The certification process through which certified facilities can get paid to offer capacity into the market.
- Obligations certified facilities must meet to receive capacity payments.
- The consequences of a facility failing to meet its reserve capacity obligations.
- The different cost allocations captured through the individual reserve capacity requirement mechanism.
Attendees of the course will gain in-depth knowledge into the RCM.
Date Time Availability 28 June 2017 9am - 12:30pm Places Available 19 July 2017 9am - 12:30pm Places Available 23 August 2017 9am - 12:30pm Places Available 20 September 2017 9am - 12:30pm Places Available 11 October 2017 1:30pm – 4:30pm Places Available 15 November 2017 9am - 12:30pm Places Available
East coast course dates/times:
City Date Time Melbourne 02 October 2017 9am - 12.30pm Expression of interest Sydney 04 October 2017 9am - 12.30pm Expression of interest Brisbane 06 October 2017 9am - 12.30pm Expression of interest
The course is free to WEM participants.
Non-WEM participants: $165, including GST.
East coast courses are $165, including GST for all market participants.
How to enrol:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.