Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
In this section
In this section
- National Electricity Market Overview - industry
- National Electricity Market Overview - public
- Metrology for the NEM
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
- An overview of AEMO’s gas markets
- WA gas retail market training
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Understanding Market Settlement and Transfer Solution (MSATS)
- Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
- Energy Markets: STEM, Balancing and LFAS
This course provides a high level overview of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) and its mechanisms. No prior knowledge of the WEM is necessary to attend this course.
- Basic introduction to the electricity sector.
- Overview of the South West interconnected System.
- Explanation of the market mechanisms:
- Energy market.
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism.
- Overview of market participant interfaces.
- Introduction to the market rules.
Attendees will gain a high level overview of the Wholesale Electricity Market and its mechanisms.
Date Time Availability 12 July 2017 9am - 12.30pm Places Available 9 August 2017 9am - 12.30pm Places Available 13 September 2017 9am - 12.30pm Places Available 11 October 2017 9am - 12.30pm Places Available 8 November 2017 9am - 12.30pm Places Available
East coast courses dates/times:
East coast courses are currently open for expression of interest.
City Date Time Melbourne 5 September 2017 12:30pm - 4pm Expression of interest Sydney 6 September 2017 12:30pm - 4pm Expression of interest Brisbane 8 September 2017 9am - 12:30pm Expression of interest
The course is free to WEM participants.
Non-WEM participants: $165, including GST.
East coast courses are $165, including GST for all market participants.
How to enrol:
Please email email@example.com to make a booking.