AEMO 2010 Gas Statement of Opportunities
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
2010 Gas Statement of Opportunities
The 2010 Gas Statement of Opportunities (GSOO) published by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is the second statement of opportunities for the gas industry.
Developed in association with industry stakeholders, the GSOO aims to assist existing participants and new investors in making commercial decisions about investment in infrastructure or entering into contracts in the Eastern and South Eastern Australian gas industry incorporating:
- The Australian Capital Territory;
- New South Wales;
- South Australia;
- Tasmania; and
The 2010 GSOO includes:
- information for the 10 years after the year of publication, incorporating:
- natural gas reserves;
- capacities and constraints of production, storage and transmission facilities;
- projected annual and peak day demand for natural gas for each demand zone; and
information for a further 10 years relating to natural gas reserves and annual demand for natural gas.
The 2010 GSOO provides views about the potential future balance of natural gas supply and demand using multiple scenarios.
These scenarios are speculative and are intended to indicate how natural gas demand and reserves may develop.
The 2010 GSOO can be downloaded from following links:
- 2010 GSOO Chapter 5 : Demand Projections
(Annual demand projections, winter and summer 1-in-2 and 1-in-20 peak day demand projections for GPG and non-GPG demand in Chapter 5 for 2010 GSOO)
- 2010 GSOO : Chapter 6 - Hypothetical pipeline capacity expansion simulations results
(Additional information for all the cases simulated.)
- 2010 GSOO Chapter 7 : Annual and 1-in-20 Peak Day Supply-Demand Outlook Information
(Analysis results and graphs for annual and 1-in-20 peak day presented in Chapter 7 for 2010 GSOO)
2010 GSOO Chapter 7 : Annual and 1-in-2 Peak Day Supply-Demand Outlook Information
(Additional analysis results and graphs on 1-in-2 peak day which is not presented in 2010 GSOO)
- National Gas Market Bulletin Board Data