- Energy Live
AEMO Energy Live is our digital news and information hub dedicated to all things energy. AEMO Energy Live features commentary, analysis, interviews, news and views delivered via videos, podcasts, full-length feature articles, infographics and easy to understand explainers.
- Integrated System Plan
AEMO’s 2018 Integrated System Plan (ISP) holistically evaluates Australia’s long-term energy future by considering the coordination of transmission and generation development planning.
- Interactive Planning Maps
The interactive map complements AEMO’s planning publications to enhance accessibility, readability, and clarity. The map contains various layers which can be enabled or disabled to help users navigate to information of interest.
- Victorian Annual Planning Report
The Victorian Annual Planning Report (VAPR) considers the adequacy of the Victorian transmission network to meet its reliability and security requirements and identifies development opportunities to address emerging network limitations.
- Electricity Statement of Opportunities
The Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO) provides technical and market data that informs the decision-making processes of market participants, new investors, and jurisdictional bodies as they assess opportunities in the NEM a 10-year outlook period.
- Other Victorian RIT-T projects
AEMO conducts regulatory investment tests for transmission (RIT-T) on potential transmission network and non-network projects. The purpose of the RIT-T, as set out at clause 5.16 of the National Electricity Rules, is to identify the credible option that maximises the present value of net economic benefit to all those who produce, consume and transport electricity in the market.
- Generation Information Pages
This page reports information on the capacity of existing, withdrawn, committed, and proposed generation projects in the NEM. AEMO collects generation information reported here from generation industry participants, via a web-based online system, and is committed to publishing updates of information collected every six months, or as required.
AEMO's social channels – connect with us here:
- About AEMO
- The changing generation mix
- What it takes to run a power system
- AEMO’s National Electricity Market Control Room
- The history of electricity in Australia
Or subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- How Australia’s National Electricity Market works
- Energy 101: Electricity
- Energy 101: Batteries
- Strengthening our power system as we transition to a low carbon future
For more energy news and industry information, subscribe to our newsletters below:
- AEMO Energy Live captures highlights from our Energy Live digital news and information hub, delivering commentary, analysis, interviews, news and views via video, podcasts, feature articles and infographic to subscribers every second Thursday. Please click here to subscribe.
- AEMO Communications is AEMO’s industry newsletter delivering technical, regulatory and market information to subscribers each Thursday. Please click here to subscribe.
- Australian Energy Regulator
The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) regulates wholesale and retail energy markets, and energy networks, under national energy legislation and rules.
- Australian Energy Market Commission
The Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) is responsible for assessing and making changes to energy rules, and provides advice to the COAG Energy Council.
- Energy Live