Implementation Program FAQs
What Is The Power Of Choice Implementation Program?
Power of Choice (POC) was a package of National Electricity Market (NEM) reforms that were designed to give consumers more options and control of the way they use their electricity and manage their electricity expenditure.
These reforms were initiated following the 2012 Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) POC Review. The AEMC subsequently made several interrelated rule change amendments, including:
- Expanding competition in metering and related services (final determination published 26 November 2015).
- Embedded networks (final determination published 17 December 2016).
- Meter replacement processes (final determination published 10 March 2016).
- Updating the Electricity B2B Framework (final determination published 30 June 2016).
These rule changes have been effective from 1 December 2017.
- PoC Fact Sheet 1 - POC Implementation Program (394 KB, pdf)
- PoC Fact Sheet 2 - Role of the Metering Coordinator (400 KB, pdf)
- PoC Fact Sheet 3 - Role of the Embedded Network Manager (516 KB, pdf)
- PoC Fact Sheet 4 - Accreditation and Registration under Power of Choice (429 KB, pdf)
- PoC Fact Sheet 5 - B2B e-Hub (403 KB, pdf)