System Management reports
Under the Market Rules, System Management provides various reports and information to the IMO and AEMO. Reports and information that are published by AEMO are available below.
Under the Market Rules, System Management must provide a report once every three months on the performance of the market with respect to the dispatch process. This report must include details of:
- The incidence and extent of issuance of Dispatch Instructions.
- The incidence and extent of non-compliance with Dispatch Instructions.
- The incidence and extent of transmission constraints.
- The incidence and extent of shortfalls in Ancillary Services, involuntary curtailment of load, High Risk Operating States, and Emergency Operating States, together with:
- A summary of the circumstances that caused each such incident.
- A summary of the actions that System Management took in response to the incident in each case.
Current status reportsPrevious status reportsStatus Report for 1 April 2013 to 30 June 2013 [194kB]
These documents are published in accordance with clause 7.12.2 of the Market Rules.
System Management must compile and maintain a list of all equipment on the South West interconnected system (SWIS) that is required to be subject to Outage scheduling.
This document is published in accordance with clause 3.18.2(e) of the WEM Rules.
Commissioning test plans
These documents are published in accordance with clause 10.5.1(zH) of the WEM Rules.
Please note that for Commissioning Test plans that occur beyond January 2014, refer to our Market Data site.2014
Commissioning test plans [20.6MB]
Commissioning test plans [36.7MB]
Commissioning test plans [45.1MB]
Annual ancillary services report
Each year System Management must prepare a report pursuant to its obligations under clause 3.11.11 of the WEM Rules. The report comprises three parts:
- The quantities of each of the Ancillary Services provided in the preceding year, including Ancillary Services provided under Ancillary Service Contracts, and the adequacy of these quantities.
- The total cost of each of the categories of Ancillary Services provided, including Ancillary Services provided under Ancillary Service Contracts, in the preceding year.
- The Ancillary Service requirements for the coming year and the Ancillary Services plan to meet those requirements.
Current Annual Ancillary Services Report
2016 Ancillary Services Report [623kB]Previous annual ancillary services reports
2015 Ancillary Services Report [623kB]
2013 Ancillary Services Report [219kB]
2012 Ancillary Services Report [199kB]
2011 Ancillary Services Report [106kB]
This document is published in accordance with clause 10.5.1(g) of the WEM Rules.
Ancillary services shortfalls
Under the WEM Rules, AEMO must publish information on any shortfalls in Ancillary Services for each completed Trading Day in the previous twelve calendar months.Previous notifications of ancillary services shortfalls
This document is published pursuant to clause 10.5.1(j)(v) of the WEM Rules.
Synergy non-compliance information
System Management provides to AEMO a Dispatch Schedule for each non-Synergy facility, indicating the:
- Operating level required of that facility by System Management in each Trading Interval.
- Fuel it ran on (if different from that given in the relevant Fuel Declaration).
- Dispatch Instructions that gave rise to that Dispatch Schedule.
In addition, there is a Dispatch Schedule reflecting the total energy supplied by Synergy based on operational meter and Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) data.AEMO must publish reports providing the megawatt hours (MWh) of non-compliance of Synergy by Trading Interval, as specified by System Management in accordance with clause 7.13.1A(a) of the WEM Rules for each Trading Month which has been settled.
System Management has not advised AEMO of non-compliance in any interval in any Trading Day.
This document is published in accordance with clause 10.5.1(vA) of the WEM Rules.