Expressions of interest
In this section
In this section
- Reserve capacity timetable
- Benchmark reserve capacity price
- Expressions of interest
- Certification of reserve capacity
- Reserve capacity security
- Reserve capacity auction
- Assignment of capacity credits
- Facility tests
- Supplementary reserve capacity
- Individual reserve capacity requirement (IRCR) information
Each year in January, AEMO calls for expressions of interest from new generation or demand side management (DSM) facilities that may seek Certified Reserve Capacity (CRC) and Capacity Credits for the relevant Capacity Year. This allows AEMO to compile information on upcoming projects, and enables prioritisation of facilities, if required, when assigning Capacity Credits.
2018 Expressions of Interest
In accordance with clause 4.1.4 of the WEM Rules, on 31 January 2018, AEMO sought expressions of interest (EOIs) for new generation and DSM capacity for the 2020−21 Capacity Year.
EOI submissions closed on 1 May 2018. AEMO received one EOI relating to intermittent generation capacity for the 2020-21 Capacity Year. In total, 9.9 MW of additional Reserve Capacity is potentially available for the 2020-21 Capacity Year.
The Request for EOIs and the summary of EOI results for the 2018 Reserve Capacity Cycle are available below.
- 2018 Request for Expressions of Interest (1.1 MB, pdf)
- EOI summary report for the WEM - 2018 Reserve Capacity Cycle (340 kB, pdf)
Please click here to view the timetable for the 2018 Reserve Capacity Cycle.
- 2017 Request for Expressions of Interest (1.0 MB, pdf)
- 2017 Summary of Expressions of Interest (483 KB, pdf)
Note: The application window of CRC for the 2017 Reserve Capacity Cycle was deferred and closed on 29 December 2017. The assignment of Capacity Credits for the 2019-20 Capacity Year was completed on 23 March 2018. Please click here to view the timetable for the 2017 Reserve Capacity.
2015 and 2016
- 2015 and 2016 Summary of Expressions of Interest (1.3 MB)
- 2015 and 2016 Request for Expressions of Interest (1.8 MB)