Authorised Maximum Daily Quantity
Authorised Maximum Daily Quantity (Authorised MDQ) and Authorised Maximum Daily Quantity Credit Certificate (AMDQ CC) are transportation rights in the Victorian Declared Transmission System (DTS). These are collectively known as AMDQ. Authorised MDQ is a withdrawal right for customers and/or Market Participants on the DTS for transported gas injected at Longford. Subsequent capacity increases to the DTS such as South West Pipeline, the Western Transmission System and the Bass Gas project have been allocated as AMDQ CC.
AMDQ is an input to determining congestion uplift charges payable by a Market Participant for each scheduling interval of a gas day as part of the funding of ancillary payments. AMDQ is also an input to tie breaking rights when scheduling equal priced injections or withdrawals bids, and in determining the order of curtailment in the event of an emergency.
Authorised MDQ may be transferred between customer sites, and AMDQ CC may be transferred between market participants.
Release of Authorised Maximum Daily Quantity (MDQ)
If there is insufficient available Authorised MDQ to satisfy the requirements of all persons who have requested an allocation of AMDQ, AEMO must conduct an auction among all persons from whom AEMO has received requests for Authorised MDQ, and allocate the available AMDQ to the persons who offer the highest amount for that AMDQ in accordance with the Wholesale Market AMDQ Procedures (Victoria).
Interested in obtaining additional Authorised MDQ? Register by emailing email@example.com.
AMDQ can be transferred between Market Participants who are bound by the Wholesale Market AMDQ Procedures (Victoria).
AEMO revised these procedures in June 2014 to implement the following changes:
- The requirement to have and hold firm capacity rights at an interconnected pipeline before making or holding AMDQ transfers or nominations at that system point.
One Procedure document, “Wholesale Market AMDQ Procedures” incorporating the following former documents:
- Wholesale Market AMDQ Transfer Procedures.
- Wholesale Market AMDQ Auction Procedures.
- AMDQ Credit nomination process.
- A single priority queue for AMDQ transfer requests and nomination of AMDQ CC.
We also have changed the Forms to align with the requirements of the new Procedures. You can submit AMDQ Registrations, Transfers, or nomination requests using these forms.
For DTS Service Providers:
- Use Application for Registration of new AMDQ CC to advise AEMO on AMDQ CC new registrations.
- Use Application for Registration of AMDQ CC Changes/Transfer Form to advise AEMO on AMDQ CC changes or transfers.
For Market Participants:
- Use Authorised MDQ Transfer Request Form to request Authorised MDQ transfers.
- Use AMDQ Credit Certificate Nomination Form to advise AMDQ CC nominations or re-nominations.
To provide evidence of firm capacity (required only for AMDQ transfers or nominations made to a System Withdrawal Point of an Interconnected Pipeline):
Primary Shippers (the party who has a firm capacity contract with the service provider for the relevant interconnected pipeline):
- use AMDQ Service Provider Confirmation Form to submit evidence of firm capacity from the service provider.
- Non-Primary Shippers (a market participant who has an arrangement on the relevant interconnected pipeline with a Primary Shipper to either provide gas to the Primary Shipper, or access the Primary Shipper’s firm capacity):
AMDQ related documentation
- AMDQ Transfer Algorithms
- AMDQ Allocation – Collective Tariff V and Tariff D AMDQ Allocation
- AMDQ CC Register
- AMDQ Auction (only active during an auction)
AMDQ related forms
- Registration of new AMDQ CC Form
- Registration of AMDQ CC Changes/Transfer Form
- Authorised MDQ Transfer Request Form
- AMDQ Credit Certificate Nomination Form
- AMDQ Service Provider Confirmation Form
- AMDQ Primary Shipper Confirmation Form
- Meter Registration Request Form
Need help? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org