In this section
In this section
AEMO operates the following gas markets:
- Declared Wholesale Gas Market (DWGM) (Victoria only)
- Short Term Trading Market (STTM) (Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane)
- Gas Retail Market (New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and Western Australian)
- Bulletin Board (East Coast Natural Gas Services Bulletin Board and the Western Australia Gas Bulletin Board)
- Gas Supply Hub (Wallumbilla, Queensland and Moomba, South Australia)
For markets other than the WA gas retail market, parties seeking to participate must first register in a registrable capacity as prescribed in the National Gas Rules (NGR).
AEMO recommends that new participants learn more about the market they will be participating in, and obtain expert advice prior to their participation.
The Gas Market Registration document provides information about registering for each market:
This is a list of registered participants in the Gas Supply Hub:
AEMO also offers training courses to staff of registered participants and other eligible organisations. All resources for the training courses can be found here.
How to register
For information on the registration process go to the How to register page.
Please note that AEMO cannot give advice about your legal rights and obligations.
How to deregister
A registered participant in an AEMO-operated market can apply to be deregistered from any registrable capacity. This process is referred to as “revocation”.
Existing participants seeking to deregister must apply to AEMO for revocation of registration in the gas markets. The application should be on a formal letterhead, signed by a duly authorised company officer, and include:
- The participant’s full name and ABN.
- Relevant gas Company ID(s) (if applicable).
- Relevant GSH ID(s) (if applicable).
- Markets and category(ies)from which the participant wishes to deregister.
- The business reason(s) why the participant considers it is (or will be) no longer required to be registered in the relevant categories under the National Gas Rules.
- A preferred future deregistration effective date (AEMO cannot guarantee this date, but will try to meet the timeframe provided).
Depending on circumstances, AEMO may require additional information to verify the reasons for deregistration and confirm that any ongoing liability in the market will be met.
Upon deregistration, the status of the organisation is changed in the various system registers maintained by AEMO. Approximately six to nine months after the date of deregistration, when all revisions have been settled:
- Data sharing to and from the deregistered participant ID is removed.
- Access to AEMO’s market systems by the deregistered participant ID is revoked.
- Subsequently produced statements and reports are disabled.
When an organisation has ceased to be registered in any market and category(ies), it does not affect any prior obligation or liability of that organisation under the relevant market rules.
To re-register, the organisation must complete the registration process required for a new organisation.
For further information, please contact AEMO’s Information and Support Hub or call 1300 236 600.