Market insight report – Victoria’s supply outlook
- AEMO observations: operational and market challenges to reliability and security in the NEM
- AEMO publishes Quarter Energy Dynamics – Q4 2017
- AEMO publishes Power system requirements paper
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- Media Release - VIC and SA energy supply remains secure
- Energy facts and safety tips for summer now on Energy Live
November 03, 2016 - 1:05 PM
This Insights report provides a preliminary assessment of some of the potential impacts of the closure decision Hazelwood Power Station. Further investigation is required to gain a deeper, more holistic understanding of scenarios whereby the power system is operating with less synchronous generation.
As part of its role, AEMO is providing the market with continuous updates in relation to the future supply/demand balance via the Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy (MT PASA). AEMO will also prepare an update to the 2016 National Electricity Market (NEM) Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO) and the Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP).
Click here to download the report.