Market insight report – Victoria’s supply outlook
- Media Statement - Gas development required to meet future energy demand
- 2017 Gas Statement of Opportunities released
- Submission to Independent Review into the Future Security of the National Electricity Market
- Media Statement - Loss of generation in South Australia
- AEMO welcomes nine graduates to help shape Australia’s energy future
- Final report - SA separation event - 01 December 2016
November 03, 2016 - 1:05 PM
This Insights report provides a preliminary assessment of some of the potential impacts of the closure decision Hazelwood Power Station. Further investigation is required to gain a deeper, more holistic understanding of scenarios whereby the power system is operating with less synchronous generation.
As part of its role, AEMO is providing the market with continuous updates in relation to the future supply/demand balance via the Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy (MT PASA). AEMO will also prepare an update to the 2016 National Electricity Market (NEM) Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO) and the Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP).
Click here to download the report.