AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
- AEMO releases 2016-17 Annual Report
- AEMO announces Drew Clarke as new Chair of its Board
- Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- AEMO and ARENA demand response trial to provide 200 megawatts of emergency reserves for extreme peaks
- Australia's east coast gas supply remains tightly balanced
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
September 06, 2017 - 10:45 AM
The following documents have been provided in response to the Federal Energy Minister’s request for information and advice on the risks to reliability and affordability posed by the recent exit of thermal generation and anticipated exit events over the next ten years.
- Letter to the Federal Energy Minister
- Advice to Commonwealth Government on dispatchable capability - AEMO has prepared this document to provide advice to the Commonwealth Government on matters relating to dispatchable capability in the National Electricity Market (NEM), as requested by the Hon Josh Frydenberg, Minister for the Environment and Energy.
- The Brattle Group’s near-term reliability auctions in the NEM - This report was prepared for the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) as one part of AEMO’s response to the government’s request for advice. This report is The Brattle Group’s review of other jurisdictions around the world that have used a range of different approaches to securing supply commitments to improve reliability and security.