Search for new AEMO Chair
- AEMO publishes Quarter Energy Dynamics – Q1 2018
- Summer 2017-18 operations review
- Initial operation of the Hornsdale Power Reserve Battery Energy Storage System
- Generator Registration and Connection in the NEM – A Roadshow
- Advice to the Commonwealth relating to AGL’s proposal to replace Liddell
- AEMO observations: operational and market challenges to reliability and security in the NEM
January 12, 2017 - 8:59 AM
In accordance with the Constitution of the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the AEMO Board has commenced the search for a successor for retiring Chairman Dr Anthony (Tony) Marxsen. Dr Marxsen’s appointment concludes at the Annual General Meeting to be held in November 2017.
Board search consultancy Omera Partners has been retained to undertake the search, and is developing a long list of potential candidates for consideration by the AEMO Nomination Committee and the Energy Council Appointments Selection Panel.
AEMO Members are welcome to refer potential candidates who meet the independence criteria as set out in AEMO’s Constitution. These referrals should be sent to Omera Partners as soon as possible.
Once the Energy Council Appointments Selection Panel has completed interviews with shortlisted candidates and is in a position to make recommendations for appointment to the Members, AEMO will hold a Special General Meeting for Members to consider whether they agree to recommend the candidates to the Council of Australian Governments’ Energy Council for appointment. At this stage it is expected that the Special General Meeting will be held in June 2017.
Further information on the process for appointment is available on the AEMO website at: http://www.aemo.com.au/About-AEMO/Board-and-governance/Director-appointment-process
Please click here for a PDF version of this media release.
For more information:
Mobile: 0409 382 121