Search for new AEMO Chair
- Project Specification Consultation Report for the Western Victoria Renewable Integration Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- Energy Security and Reliability in the National Electricity Market
- Review of the Black System South Australia Report – System event of 28 September 2016
- AEMO publishes final report into the South Australian state-wide power outage
- Media Statement - AEMO reaffirms position on energy security
- Media Statement - Gas development required to meet future energy demand
January 12, 2017 - 8:59 AM
In accordance with the Constitution of the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the AEMO Board has commenced the search for a successor for retiring Chairman Dr Anthony (Tony) Marxsen. Dr Marxsen’s appointment concludes at the Annual General Meeting to be held in November 2017.
Board search consultancy Omera Partners has been retained to undertake the search, and is developing a long list of potential candidates for consideration by the AEMO Nomination Committee and the Energy Council Appointments Selection Panel.
AEMO Members are welcome to refer potential candidates who meet the independence criteria as set out in AEMO’s Constitution. These referrals should be sent to Omera Partners as soon as possible.
Once the Energy Council Appointments Selection Panel has completed interviews with shortlisted candidates and is in a position to make recommendations for appointment to the Members, AEMO will hold a Special General Meeting for Members to consider whether they agree to recommend the candidates to the Council of Australian Governments’ Energy Council for appointment. At this stage it is expected that the Special General Meeting will be held in June 2017.
Further information on the process for appointment is available on the AEMO website at: http://www.aemo.com.au/About-AEMO/Board-and-governance/Director-appointment-process
Please click here for a PDF version of this media release.
For more information:
Mobile: 0409 382 121