AEPC_2019_08 Power System Security
In this section
In this section
- AEPC_2019_06: Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads
- AEPC_2019_04 Dispatch
- AEPC_2019_07 Ancillary Services
- AEPC_2018_03 Communication and control systems
- AEPC_2019_08 Power System Security
- AEPC_2018_05: IMS Interface
- AEPC_2018_06: Commissioning Tests
- AEPC_2019_02: Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_01: Monitoring and Reporting Protocol
- TR_2018_01: Tolerance Ranges
- AEPC_2019_03: Reduction of prudential exposure in the Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- 2019 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2019_01: Short Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_04: Facility Outages
- Draft Report: 2019 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2021-22 Capacity Year
- 2018 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2018_02: Tolerance Ranges
- Draft Report: 2018 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2020-21 Capacity Year
- 2017 Margin Peak and Margin Off-Peak Review - Assumptions
- AEPC_2017_09: Reserve Capacity Performance Monitoring
Procedure Change Proposal
Wholesale Electricity Market Rules – Clause 2.10
Date of Notice: 1 May 2019
This notice informs all Rule Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO has published a Procedure Change Proposal in respect of the revised Power System Operating Procedure: Power System Security and is conducting a consultation process in respect of this proposal.
This consultation is being carried out in accordance with the Procedure Change Process detailed in clause 2.10 of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Rules.
Matter under Consultation
The matters are related to clause 3.2.7 of the WEM Rules which requires AEMO to document the processes:
- AEMO must follow to maintain Equipment Limit information [Clause 3.2.7(a)];
- AEMO and Network Operators must follow when determining Security Limits and maintaining Security Limit information [Clause 3.2.7(b)];
- AEMO must follow when establishing and modifying the Technical Envelope
[Clause 3.2.7(c)]; and
- AEMO must follow to ensure the SWIS operates according to the Technical Envelope applicable to each SWIS Operating State [Clause 3.2.7(d)],
and guidelines describing matters AEMO will consider when determining the SWIS Operating State [Clauses 3.3.3, 3.4.9 and 3.5.11].
Further details are provided in the Procedure Change Proposal and the proposed Power System Operation Procedure published with this notice.
The Consultation Process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates in italics are indicative only and subject to change.
Process Stage Date
Closing date for submissions in response to the Procedure Change Proposal
29 May 2019 Publication of Procedure Change Report 14 June 2019 Proposed commencement of revised Power System Operating Procedure 01 July 2019
Invitation to Make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on this Procedure Change Proposal, including any alternative or additional proposals you consider may improve the procedure or better meet the Wholesale Market Objectives in section 122(2) of the Electricity Industry Act 2004 (and clause 1.2.1 of the WEM Rules).
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
Please note that material identified as confidential may be given less weight in the decision-making process than material that is published.
In your submission, you may request a meeting with AEMO to discuss the Procedure Change Proposal, stating why you consider a meeting is necessary or desirable.
If appropriate, meetings may be held jointly with other Consulted Persons. Subject to confidentiality restrictions, AEMO will generally make details of matters discussed at a meeting available to other Consulted Persons, and may publish them.
Closing Date and Time
Submissions in response to this Procedure Change Proposal should be sent by email to email@example.com, to reach AEMO by 5.00 pm (AWST) on 29 May 2019.
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format (both pdf and Word). Further, all emails relating to this Procedure Change Proposal must be entitled “AEPC_2019_08 Power System Security - [Name of the submitting company or individual]”. Submissions should use the Procedure Change Submission form available at:
AEMO is not obliged to consider submissions received after the closing date and time. Any late submissions should explain the reason for delay and the detriment to you if AEMO does not consider your submission.
Procedure Change Proposal documents
- Call for submissions on Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2019_08 (101 KB, pdf)
- Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2019_08 (425 KB, pdf)
- Proposed revised Power System Operation Procedure: Power System Security (clean) (411 KB, pdf)
- Proposed revised Power System Operation Procedure: Power System Security (marked up version) (519 KB, pdf)
No submissions received.
Procedure Change Report documents
- Procedure Change Report AEPC_2019_08 (419 KB, pdf)
- Power System Operation Procedure: Power System Security (clean) (414 KB, pdf)
- Power System Operation Procedure: Power System Security (marked up version) (417 KB, pdf)