NEM Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Register Information Guidelines Consultation
In this section
In this section
AEMO is conducting a Consultation on developing Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Information Guidelines.
On 13 September 2018, the AEMC made a final rule determination on National Electricity Rule (NER) Clause 3.7E that places an obligation on the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) to establish a static register of DER in the National Electricity Market (NEM).
This Register will give network businesses and AEMO visibility of where DER are connected to help in planning and operating the power system as it transforms. The improved information on the static characteristics of DER represents an important first step towards increasing system visibility over DER.
As part of this rule, AEMO is required to develop, maintain and publish DER Register Information Guidelines, that specify, amongst other things, the details of the information that NSPs must provide to AEMO, as well as when and how the information is to be provided. These Guidelines are to be developed following the formal Rules consultation procedure (as per NER clause 8.9) and to be published by 1 June 2019.
The objective of this Consultation is to enable Consulted Persons to be involved during the development of the Guideline, and to be properly informed of the rationale for inclusion of proposed information requirements.
13 November 2018
Issues Paper and Notice of Consultation
29 January 2019
7 March 2019
Draft Report, Notice of Consultation and Draft Guidelines
29 March 2019
15 April 2019
Final Report and DER Information Guidelines
31 May 2019
** Submissions provided after the closing date will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please reach out to DERregister@aemo.com.au if you have any questions.
First Stage Consultation Submissions
- Ausgrid (1.3 MB, pdf)
- AusNet Services (501 KB, pdf)
- CitiPower Powercor (55 KB, pdf)
- Clean Energy Council (131 KB, pdf)
- Endeavour Energy (89 KB, pdf)
- Energy Australia (81 KB, pdf)
- Energy Queensland (226 KB, pdf)
- Formbay (97 KB, pdf)
- GreenSync (167 KB, pdf)
- Origin Energy (97 KB, pdf)
- Red and Lumo (256 KB, pdf)
- SA Power Networks (148 KB, pdf) Attachment 1 (174 KB, pdf)
- Tesla (261 KB, pdf)
- United Energy (55 KB, pdf)
- University of Sydney Law School (68 KB, pdf)
First Stage Consultation
- Notice of First Stage of Consultation (162 KB, pdf)
- Issues Paper (876 KB, pdf)
- Feedback Template (82 KB, docx)
- Collection meeting minutes (1.2 MB, pdf)
- Data collection - high level process (249 KB, pdf)