Powerlink Project Assessment Conclusions Report (PACR) to address the secondary system condition risks at Palmwoods Substation
In this section
In this section
- Managing the Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Wagga 330 kV substation secondary systems
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Deniliquin substation secondary systems
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining reliability of supply in the Blackwater area
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Haymarket substation secondary systems
- Maintaining a reliable Static Var Compensator at Lismore
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Lilyvale
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Draft Report - Maintaining reliability of supply at Kamerunga Substation
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply to the Rockhampton area
- Powerlink Queensland PACR addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Woree Substation
- Powerlink Queensland PACR to maintain power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Ross Substation
- Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Managing the Risk of Corrosion between Murulan and Dapto on Line 8
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply to the Brisbane Metropolitan area
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply at Townsville South Substation
- Managing the Risk of Corrosion between Vales Point and Sydney North on Line 22
- Powerlink PSCR Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- SA Energy Transformation PACR
- SA Power Networks publishes Distribution Annual Planning Report
Powerlink has recently published a Project Assessment Conclusions Report (PACR) to address the secondary system condition risks at Palmwoods Substation.
Located in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, Palmwoods substation is approximately 18 kilometres west of Mooloolaba and is part of Powerlink’s 275kV transmission network between generators and the main South East Queensland load centre. Palmwoods Substation also provides the major injection point into Energex’s (part of the Energy Queensland Group) distribution network for the Sunshine Coast and north Caboolture areas.
Several secondary systems at the Palmwoods Substation are reaching the end of their technical service life and are facing obsolescence with no manufacturer support for repairs and few spares available.
In August 2018 Powerlink published a Project Specification Consultation Report (PSCR) identifying the proposed preferred option to address the risks and claiming exemption from producing a Project Assessment Draft Report as allowed for under NER Clause 5.16.4(z1). There were no submissions received in response to the PSCR which closed in November 2018. As a result, no additional credible options that could deliver a material market benefit have been identified and the outcomes of the economic analysis contained in the PACR remain unchanged from those published in the PSCR.
The PACR recommends replacing the secondary systems by July 2021. The estimated capital cost is $7.3 million in 2017/18 prices. Powerlink is the proponent of this option.
In accordance with the requirements of the Rules, a summary of the PACR has been made available on AEMO’s website. A copy of the PACR can be obtained from the Powerlink Website on the RIT-T Consultations page or by emailing email@example.com.
Any enquiries in the first instance should be directed to:
Manager Network and Alternate Solutions
PO Box 1193
VIRGINIA, QLD 4014
Tel: (+617) 3860 2328
- Summary of the PACR (195 KB, pdf)