Powerlink PSCR maintaining reliability of supply to the Brisbane Metropolitan area
In this section
In this section
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply to the Rockhampton area
- Powerlink Queensland PACR addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Woree Substation
- Powerlink Queensland PACR to maintain power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Ross Substation
- Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Managing the Risk of Corrosion between Murulan and Dapto on Line 8
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply to the Brisbane Metropolitan area
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply at Townsville South Substation
- Managing the Risk of Corrosion between Vales Point and Sydney North on Line 22
- Powerlink PSCR Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- SA Energy Transformation PACR
- SA Power Networks publishes Distribution Annual Planning Report
- Powerlink Queensland PACR Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Bouldercombe Station
- Powerlink Summary Queensland PADR Maintaining reliability of supply to Rockhampton
- Powerlink PACR to address the secondary systems condition risks at Belmont substation
- Powerlink PACR to address the secondary systems condition risks at Abermain Substation
- TransGrid PSCR Managing Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Powerlink Project Assessment Conclusions Report (PACR) to address the secondary system condition risks at Palmwoods Substation
- Project Assessment Conclusions Report – Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Tarong Substation
- Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Woree Substation
Powerlink has recently published a ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ (PSCR) to maintain reliability of supply to the Brisbane Metropolitan area.
The West Darra to Rocklea and South Pine to Upper Kedron transmission lines are 110kV double circuit lines that form part of the Greater Brisbane transmission network in the Moreton transmission zone, with the South Pine and Rocklea Substations providing the high voltage injection points for the western part of the Greater Brisbane area.
Originally commissioned in 1963 the lines are nearing the end of their technical service lives, with the majority of structures exhibiting signs of advanced corrosion, presenting an increased risk of mechanical failure, particularly in storm and severe wind conditions. The earth wires are also not sufficiently rated to cater for the continuing growth in forecast fault levels over time.
The proposed preferred option that is considered to satisfy the Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T) involves a two stage refit of selected lines in 2020 and 2028, followed by a rebuild of the lines in 2043.
The estimated capital cost of the work to be carried out by December 2020 under this RIT-T is $4.55 million in 2018/19 prices.
In accordance with the requirements of the Rules, a summary of the PSCR is made available on the AEMO website. A copy of the ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ can be obtained from the Powerlink website on the RIT-T Consultations page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions on the PSCR are required by the closing date of 19 February 2019.
Any enquiries in the first instance should be directed to:
Manager Network and Alternate Solutions
PO Box 1193
VIRGINIA, QLD 4014
Tel: (+617) 3860 2328
- Summary of PSCR (235 KB, pdf)