Powerlink Queensland PACR Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Bouldercombe Station
In this section
In this section
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply to the Rockhampton area
- Powerlink Queensland PACR addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Woree Substation
- Powerlink Queensland PACR to maintain power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Ross Substation
- Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Managing the Risk of Corrosion between Murulan and Dapto on Line 8
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply to the Brisbane Metropolitan area
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply at Townsville South Substation
- Managing the Risk of Corrosion between Vales Point and Sydney North on Line 22
- Powerlink PSCR Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- SA Energy Transformation PACR
- SA Power Networks publishes Distribution Annual Planning Report
- Powerlink Queensland PACR Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Bouldercombe Station
- Powerlink Summary Queensland PADR Maintaining reliability of supply to Rockhampton
- Powerlink PACR to address the secondary systems condition risks at Belmont substation
- Powerlink PACR to address the secondary systems condition risks at Abermain Substation
- TransGrid PSCR Managing Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Powerlink Project Assessment Conclusions Report (PACR) to address the secondary system condition risks at Palmwoods Substation
- Project Assessment Conclusions Report – Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Tarong Substation
- Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Woree Substation
Powerlink has recently published a ‘Project Assessment Conclusions Report’ (PACR) to maintain power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Bouldercombe Substation.
Located approximately 19 kilometres south-west of Rockhampton and established in 1975, Bouldercombe Substation is a major transmission node for Central Queensland. It also provides the sole 132kV injection source for the area, supplying Ergon Energy at Rockhampton, Egans Hill and Pandoin, as well as Stanwell Power Station’s auxiliary supply and customers directly connected to Powerlink’s network.
Transformers 1 and 2, along with the original circuit breakers, disconnectors, earth switches and instrument transformers at Bouldercombe Substation are nearing the end of their technical service lives, with manufacturers no longer providing technical support or carrying spares for many of the items.
In October 2018 Powerlink published a ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ (PSCR) identifying the proposed preferred option to address the risks and claiming exemption from producing a ‘Project Assessment Draft Report’ as allowed for under NER Clause 5.16.4(z1). There were no submissions received in response to the PSCR which closed in January 2019. As a result, no additional credible options that could deliver a material market benefit have been identified and the outcomes of the economic analysis contained in the PACR remain unchanged from those published in the PSCR.
The PACR recommends the installation of a standard 250MVA transformer and the upfront replacement of all primary plant in selected bays by December 2021. The estimated capital cost of this option is $30.6 million in 2018/19 prices. Powerlink is the proponent of the proposed network project.
In accordance with the requirements of the Rules, a summary of the PACR has been made available on AEMO’s website. A copy of the PACR can be obtained from the Powerlink Website on the RIT-T Consultations page or by emailing email@example.com.
Any enquiries should be directed to:
Manager Network and Alternate Solutions
PO Box 1193
VIRGINIA, QLD 4014
Tel: (+617) 3860 2328