Powerlink Summary Queensland PADR Maintaining reliability of supply to Rockhampton
In this section
In this section
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply to the Rockhampton area
- Powerlink Queensland PACR addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Woree Substation
- Powerlink Queensland PACR to maintain power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Ross Substation
- Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Managing the Risk of Corrosion between Murulan and Dapto on Line 8
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply to the Brisbane Metropolitan area
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Assessment Conclusions Report - Maintaining reliability of supply at Townsville South Substation
- Managing the Risk of Corrosion between Vales Point and Sydney North on Line 22
- Powerlink PSCR Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- SA Energy Transformation PACR
- SA Power Networks publishes Distribution Annual Planning Report
- Powerlink Queensland PACR Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Bouldercombe Station
- Powerlink Summary Queensland PADR Maintaining reliability of supply to Rockhampton
- Powerlink PACR to address the secondary systems condition risks at Belmont substation
- Powerlink PACR to address the secondary systems condition risks at Abermain Substation
- TransGrid PSCR Managing Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Powerlink Project Assessment Conclusions Report (PACR) to address the secondary system condition risks at Palmwoods Substation
- Project Assessment Conclusions Report – Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Tarong Substation
- Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Woree Substation
Powerlink has recently published a ‘Project Assessment Draft Report’ (PADR) to maintain reliability of supply to the Rockhampton area.
The Egans Hill to Rockhampton transmission line is a 132kV double circuit line commissioned in 1963 that forms part of the connection between Powerlink’s Bouldercombe and Rockhampton substations. It provides a critical link into the Rockhampton Substation which is a major injection point for the Rockhampton and surrounding area distribution network.
The proposed preferred option (that is demonstrated to satisfy the RIT-T) is a staged life extension of the line, with Stage 1 to be completed by December 2020 and Stage 2 by December 2030, with a full rebuild by 2044. The proposed RIT-T project involves Stage 1, the refit and paint of the northern section of the line and refit without paint of the southern section of the line by December 2020, at an estimated capital cost of $9.98 million in 2018/19 prices. Powerlink is the proponent of this network project.
In accordance with the requirements of the Rules, a summary of the PADR has been made available on AEMO’s website. A copy of the entire document can be obtained from the Powerlink Website on the RIT-T Consultations page or by emailing NetworkAssessments@powerlink.com.au.
Submissions on the Project Assessment Draft Report are required by the closing date of Friday 15 March 2019.
Any enquiries in the first instance should be directed to:
Manager Network and Alternate Solutions
PO Box 1193
VIRGINIA, QLD 4014
Tel: (+617) 3860 2328
- Summary of the PADR (233 KB, pdf)