Spot Market Operations Timetable
In this section
In this section
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Dispatch – Pricing and miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- IEC Election Procedures and Operating Manual
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Auction Participation Agreement
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
- SRA Secondary Trading Implementation Consultation
- Market Suspension Compensation Methodology consultation
- Metering Exemption Guideline
- Five Minute Settlement – NEM Transmission Network Service Provider Negative Settlements Residue Procedure
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Carbon Dioxide Equivalent Intensity Index Procedure
- NEM Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Register Information Guidelines Consultation
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement – NEM Settlement Revisions Policy
- MSATS Standing Data Consultation
- Virtual Power Plant (VPP) Demonstrations Discussion Paper
NOTICE OF DRAFT DETERMINATION
National Electricity Rules – Rule 8.9
Spot Market Operations Timetable Consultation
Date of Notice: 11 June 2019
This notice informs all Registered Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO is conducting a consultation on the spot market operations timetable.
This consultation is being conducted under clause 3.4.3(b) of the National Electricity Rules (NER), in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in rule 8.9 of the NER.
Matter under Consultation
The matter for consultation is the addition of five-minute pre-dispatch to the spot market operations timetable, as well as corrections and minor updates. Further details are provided in the Issues Paper published with this notice.
The Consultation Process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates are indicative only and subject to change.
PROCESS STAGE INDICATIVE DATE Closing date for submissions in response to this Notice and Issues Paper 10 May 2019 Publication of Draft Report and Determination 11 June 2019 Closing date for submissions in response to the Draft Report 5 July 2019 Publication of Final Report and Determination 16 August 2019
Invitation to Make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on the matter under consultation, including any alternative or additional proposals you consider may better meet the objectives of this consultation and the national electricity objective in section 7 of the National Electricity Law.
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
Please note that material identified as confidential may be given less weight in the decision-making process than material that is published.
In your submission, you may request a meeting with AEMO to discuss the matter under consultation, stating why you consider a meeting is necessary or desirable.
If appropriate, meetings may be held jointly with other Consulted Persons. Subject to confidentiality restrictions, AEMO will generally make details of matters discussed at a meeting available to other Consulted Persons, and may publish them.
Closing Date and Time
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format. Please send any queries about this consultation to the same email address.
Submissions received after the closing date and time will not be valid, and AEMO is not obliged to consider them. Any late submissions should explain the reason for lateness and the detriment to you if AEMO does not consider your submission.
All submissions will be published on AEMO’s website, other than confidential content.
Draft Determination Documents
- Spot Market Operations Timetable Draft Determination (339 KB, pdf)
- Draft Spot Market Operations Timetable (400 KB, pdf)
First Stage Documents