AEMO Invitation to Tender for reactive power Non-market Ancillary Services
In this section
In this section
- Western Victorian Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- Victoria to New South Wales Interconnector Upgrade Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- Victorian Reactive Power Support Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- Regulatory investment tests for transmission
- Victorian Annual Planning Report
- Register of Large Generator Connections
- AEMO Request for Expressions of Interest for Non-market Ancillary Services
- AEMO Request for Information for reactive power Non-market Ancillary Services in VIC
- AEMO Invitation to Tender for reactive power Non-market Ancillary Services
AEMO is currently undertaking a Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T) to deliver a long-term solution to a need for voltage control issues during times of minimum demand in Victoria.
In the interim period, there is a need for absorbing reactive power which can suppress the high voltages on the Victorian transmission network during these low demand periods. This need is driven by recent changes to the network operating conditions, as well expected changes in the planning timeframe.
AEMO is seeking tenders for the provision of Non-Market Ancillary Services from NEM registered participants with generating units, dispatchable load, storage or any other equipment located around Moorabool, South Morang, Geelong, Sydenham or Keilor terminal stations that have the capability to provide at least 150 MVAr of absorbing reactive power (or an equivalent impact on high voltages near the Keilor Terminal Station) during times of minimum system demand.
Tenders must be submitted in accordance with the Invitation to Tender below by 5:00pm on Sunday, 23 June 2019.
It is requested that Recipients submit any questions related to the ITT to Nathan.email@example.com.
The procurement process will begin with AEMO seeking and evaluating information and proposals from potential NMAS providers. The timetable below lists indicative timeframes for the RFI process:
Key Activities Target Dates Issue date for ITT 10 May 2019 Closing Date for ITT 23 June 2019
Recipients should note that this web page will be updated if addenda to the ITT are issued. Recipients should make a point of regularly checking this web page to ensure that they are equipped with the most up-to-date information.
Invitation to Tender Documents