Reports and project updates
The Project Assessment Conclusions Report (PACR) (1.86MB, pdf) is the third and final report in the Western Victoria RIT-T process.
It is the culmination of more than two years’ investigation by AEMO, including market modelling and broad stakeholder consultation, to identify the transmission investment option for Western Victoria that maximises the net economic benefit to all those who produce, consume or transport electricity in the market in accordance with the NER.
The PACR confirms the initial transmission investment option proposed in AEMO’s Project Assessment Draft Report (PADR) published in December 2018. Of each of the credible options assessed through the RIT-T process, the option recommended in the PACR delivers the highest net economic benefits across all scenarios and sensitivities. Critically, this option is underpinned by AEMO’s Integrated System Plan (ISP), which seeks to optimise future generation and transmission development in the NEM to ensure the ongoing reliability and security of the power system, at the least cost and risk to consumers.
- Market benefits calculations (274 KB, xlsx)
- Results Fast Change Do Nothing (169 KB, xlsx)
- Results Fast Change Option B3 (168 KB, xlsx)
- Results Fast Change Option C2 (168 KB, xlsx)
- Results Fast Change Option Extended C2 (168 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral No Interconnector Do Nothing (168 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral No Interconnector Option B3 (167 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral No Interconnector Option C2 (167 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral Do Nothing (168 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral Option B3 (168 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral Option C2 (168 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral Option Extended C2 (162 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral with Storage Do Nothing (167 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral with Storage Option B3 (167 KB, xlsx)
- Results Neutral with Storage Option C2 (167 KB, xlsx)
- Results Slow Change Do Nothing (166 KB, xlsx)
- Results Slow Change Option B3 (166 KB, xlsx)
- Results Slow Change Option C2 (166 KB, xlsx)
This Project Update (334KB, pdf) published in July 2019 discusses AEMO’s preferred option for transmission investment in Western Victoria as outlined in the Project Assessment Conclusions Report (PACR).
This Project Update (523KB, pdf) published in December 2018 outlines the draft preferred option discussed in the Project Assessment Draft Report.
The Project Assessment Draft Report (PADR) (2.3 MB, pdf) represents step two of the public consultation process for this RIT-T. The PADR assesses and identifies the draft preferred transmission investment option which delivers the greatest net market benefits. The PADR also provides a summary of submission received on the Project Specification Consultation Report (PSCR).
To inform the next phase of the RIT-T process, AEMO sought feedback on the PADR, including comments on the inputs, analysis and choice of preferred option. Non-confidential submissions on the PADR are available online.
Please see below additional supporting documentation to the PADR:
- Attachment 1 - generation expansion plans (593 KB, xlsx)
- Attachment 2 - market benefits calculator (165 KB, xlsx)
- Attachment 3 - market benefits sensitivities calculator (69 KB, xlsx)
- Attachment 4 - binding constraints in Western Victoria (540 KB, xlsx)
Project Update (336KB, pdf) published in July 2018 which reported on material developments in the sector since the first report was published.
AEMO completed the first stage of the Western Victoria RIT-T in April 2017 and published for consultation a Project Specification Consultation Report (PSCR) (1.36MB, pdf) identifying the need for transmission network investment in the area, and potential investment options to address this need.
Non-confidential submissions on the PSCR are available online.