AEMO welcomes Federal government’s focus to reduce energy prices
- 2017 Western Australian Gas Staement of Opportunities
- Media Release: New wholesale contracts needed to shore up Western Australia’s domestic gas supplies
- Media release - AEMO Power of Choice
- High November electricity demand across South Australia and Victoria
- AEMO releases summer readiness report for 2017-18
- AEMO market notifications explained - what does a 'lack of reserve' mean?
June 20, 2017 - 4:00 PM
Today’s initiatives announced by the Federal government, aimed at making energy more affordable for Australians, is welcomed by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
“The Federal government’s focus on securing Australia’s energy future is consistent with the recommendations made by Chief Scientist Dr Alan Finkel, together with findings from our recently released Energy Supply Outlook,” said AEMO Chief Executive Officer Audrey Zibelman.
“The energy system as a whole is undergoing unprecedented transformation. We look forward to working with customers, industry participants and the State governments to ensure consumer and investor confidence in the markets is maintained.
AEMO’s vision is to deliver energy security for all Australians, and it looks forward to continuing its engagement with industry and policy makers to enable an efficient and secure Australian energy market for future generations.
For a PDF version of this media release, please click here.