2018 Energy Price Limits Review
In this section
In this section
- AEPC_2019_09: Formalisation of Consumption Deviation Applications
- 2019 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2019_06: Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads
- AEPC_2019_04 Dispatch
- AEPC_2019_07 Ancillary Services
- AEPC_2018_03 Communication and control systems
- AEPC_2019_08 Power System Security
- AEPC_2018_05: IMS Interface
- AEPC_2018_06: Commissioning Tests
- AEPC_2019_02: Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_01: Monitoring and Reporting Protocol
- TR_2018_01: Tolerance Ranges
- AEPC_2019_03: Reduction of prudential exposure in the Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- AEPC_2019_01: Short Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_04: Facility Outages
- Draft Report: 2019 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2021-22 Capacity Year
- 2018 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2018_02: Tolerance Ranges
- Draft Report: 2018 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2020-21 Capacity Year
- 2017 Margin Peak and Margin Off-Peak Review - Assumptions
Date first published on the AEMO website: 6 April 2018
The WEM Rules require AEMO to carry out an annual review of the Energy Price Limits. AEMO engaged an independent consultant, Jacobs Group Australia Pty Ltd, to assist with the review.
The Economic Regulation Authority (ERA) has approved AEMO’s proposed revised values for the Energy Price Limits for the 2018-19 Financial Year .The ERA’s determination is available on its website.
Approval of 2018-19 Energy Price Limits
On 8 June 2018, AEMO submitted its proposed revised values for the Energy Price Limits for the 2018-19 Financial Year to the ERA for approval. The proposed revised values are a Maximum STEM Price of $302/MWh and an Alternative Maximum STEM Price of $533/MWh. On 22 June 2018, the ERA approved AEMO’s proposed revised values for the Energy Price Limits. The Energy Price Limits are available on AEMO’s website.
Documents relating to this consultation
- Invitation to Provide Submissions (249 kB, pdf)
- Jacobs' Draft Report (1.28 MB, pdf)
- Jacobs' Final Report (1.25 MB, pdf)
No submissions were received during the consultation period.