AEPC_2018_03 Communication and control systems
In this section
In this section
- Draft Report: 2020 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2022-23 Capacity Year
- AEPC_2019_09: Formalisation of the Process for Maintenance Applications
- 2019 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2019_06: Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads
- AEPC_2019_04 Dispatch
- AEPC_2019_07 Ancillary Services
- AEPC_2018_03 Communication and control systems
- AEPC_2019_08 Power System Security
- AEPC_2018_05: IMS Interface
- AEPC_2018_06: Commissioning Tests
- AEPC_2019_02: Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_01: Monitoring and Reporting Protocol
- TR_2018_01: Tolerance Ranges
- AEPC_2019_03: Reduction of prudential exposure in the Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- AEPC_2019_01: Short Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_04: Facility Outages
- Draft Report: 2019 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2021-22 Capacity Year
- 2018 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2018_02: Tolerance Ranges
- Draft Report: 2018 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2020-21 Capacity Year
Procedure Change Proposal
Wholesale Electricity Market Rules – Clause 2.10
Date of Notice: 20 April 2018
This notice informs all Rule Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO has published a Procedure Change Proposal in respect of the revised Power System Operating Procedure: Communications and Control Systems and is conducting a consultation process in respect of this proposal.
This consultation is being carried out in accordance with the Procedure Change Process detailed in clause 2.10 of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Rules.
Matter under Consultation
The matters are related to clauses 2.35.4 and 2.36A.5 of the WEM Rules which require AEMO to document:
a) The communications and control system requirements necessary to support the dispatch process described in the WEM Rules and the Power System Operation Procedures.
b) the communications and control system requirements necessary to enable AEMO to remotely monitor the performance of a Network.
The Consultation Process
The consultation process for this Procedure Change Proposal has been extended. Following the initial consultation period, matters were raised resulting in amendments to the Procedure. AEMO considers it prudent to allow stakeholders to review and comment on the amended Procedure. The original closing date for the extended consultation period is 29 May 2019.
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates in italics are indicative only and subject to change.
Procedure Change Proposal published 20 April 2018
Initial close of submissions on Procedure Change
21 May 2018
Submissions due on Procedure Change Proposal following this extension
29 May 2019
Publication of the Procedure Change Report
14 June 2019
Proposed commencement of the revised Market Procedure 1 July 2019
Original Procedure Change Proposal Documents
- Call for submissions on Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2018_03 (228 KB, pdf)
- Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2018_03 (378 KB, pdf)
- Proposed revised Power System Operating Procedure: Communications and control systems (clean) (335 KB, pdf)
- Proposed revised Power System Operating Procedure: Communications and control systems (marked up version) (507 KB, pdf)
Submissions to first round of consultation
- Western power - AEPC_2018_03 (127 KB, pdf)
Notice of Extension Documents
- Notice of Extension (116 KB, pdf)
- Updated Call for submissions on Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2018_03 (101 KB, pdf)
- Proposed amended revised Power System Operations Procedure: Communications and Control Systems (clean) (511 KB, pdf)
- Proposed amended revised Power System Operations Procedure: Communications and Control Systems (showing mark-ups from previous version for consultation) (613 KB, pdf)
Submissions to second round of consultation
No submissions received.
Procedure Change Report Documents