Consultation on proposed amendments to the Procedures for the Exercise of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader (RERT)
In this section
In this section
- Enhancements to RERT rule change - Update to Procedures
- Manual Load Shedding Standard
- NEM Customer Switching Consultation
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- B2B Procedures v3.4 Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Procedure for the Dispatch and Activation of Reserve Contracts
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 3)
- Declared NEM Project – 5MS Program
- Consultation on proposed amendments to the Guidelines for Preparing Local Black System Procedures (LBSP)
- Primary Frequency Response under Normal Operating Conditions
- Dispatch Procedures (Spot Market, Non-Rules Consultation Package)
- Dispatch – Miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Book Build Procedure Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
On 21 June 2018, the Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) made a final rule which reinstates the long-notice RERT from 13 July 2018. This rule change increases the lead time available for AEMO to procure out-of-market reserves through RERT from 10 weeks to 9 months ahead of a projected shortfall.
The rule change determination requires AEMO to consult on proposed amendments to the Procedures for the Exercise of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader (the Procedures) for a minimum of 2 weeks, prior to publishing the amended procedures on 13 July.
Notice of Consultation
National electricity Rules - Rule 11.107.3
Date of notice: 22 June 2018
This notice informs all Registered Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO is commencing consultation on amendments to the Procedures for the Exercise of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader. This consultation is being conducted under Rule 11.107.3 of the National Electricity Rules (NER).
Invitation to make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on the Draft Procedures.
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
Consulted Persons should note that material identified as confidential may be given less weight in the decision-making process than material that is published.
Closing Date and Time
Submissions in response to this Notice of Consultation should be emailed to reach AEMO by 4.00pm (Melbourne time) on 9 July 2018.
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format (both pdf and Word). Please send any queries about this consultation to the same email address.
AEMO is not obliged to consider any submissions received after the closing date and time.
All submissions will be published on AEMO’s website, other than confidential content.
The Consultation process
The consultation process is outlined below.
Process Stage Indicative Date Publication of the Draft procedures 22/06/2018 Closing date for submissions in response to the Draft Procedures 09/07/2018 Publication of Final Procedures 13/07/2018
- Draft of Procedure for the Exercise of RERT v5.0 (clean) (967 KB, pdf)
- Draft of Procedure for the Exercise of RERT v5.0 (marked up) (983 KB, pdf)
- Draft of Procedure for the Exercise of RERT v5.0 (marked up) (1 MB, docx)