Declared NEM Project – 5MS Program
In this section
In this section
- NEM Customer Switching Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- Enhancements to RERT rule change - Update to Procedures
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Dispatch Procedures (Spot Market, Non-Rules Consultation Package)
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 3)
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Manual Load Shedding Standard
- Five Minute Settlement - Procedure for the Dispatch and Activation of Reserve Contracts
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
- Book Build Procedure Consultation
- Consultation On Proposed Amendments To The Guidelines For Preparing Local Black System Procedures (LBSP)
- Q3 2019 B2B Procedures consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Auction Participation Agreement
- Five Minute Settlement – Reallocation procedures
- Dispatch – Pricing and miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
This notice informs all Registered Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO is conducting a consultation on determination of the 5MS Program as a declared NEM project.
This consultation is being conducted under clause 2.11 of the National Electricity Rules (NER), in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in rule 8.9 of the NER.
Matter under ConsultationThe matter for consultation is determination of the 5MS Program as a declared NEM project. Further details are provided in the Consultation Paper published with this notice. Stakeholders should note that this consultation relates only to determining whether the 5MS Program should be determined to be a declared NEM project, and, if it is determined to be a declared NEM project, the actual fee structure for recovery of the costs of the project including the Registered Participants that will be charged the fees will be determined in a separate consultation. Therefore, stakeholders should not make submission to this consultation that relate to the actual fee structure for recovery of the costs of the project or the Registered Participants that should or should not be charged the fees.
The Consultation Process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates are indicative only and subject to change.
Process Stage Indicative Date 5MS Program Consultation Forum Presentation
8 August 2019
Closing date for submissions in response to this Notice and Consultation Paper
27 August 2019
Publication of Draft Report and Determination
24 September 2019
Closing date for submissions in response to the Draft Report
9 October 2019
Publication of Final Report and Determination
20 November 2019
Invitation to Make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on the matter under consultation, including any alternative or additional proposals you consider may better meet the objectives of this consultation and the national electricity objective in section 7 of the National Electricity Law.
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before
Please note that material identified as confidential may be given less weight in the decision-making process than material that is published.
In your submission, you may request a meeting with AEMO to discuss the matter under consultation, stating why you consider a meeting is necessary or desirable.
If appropriate, meetings may be held jointly with other Consulted Persons. Subject to confidentiality restrictions, AEMO will generally make details of matters discussed at a meeting available to other Consulted Persons, and may publish them.
Closing Date and Time
Submissions in response to this Notice of First Stage of Rules Consultation should be sent by email to email@example.com, to reach AEMO by 5.00pm (Melbourne time) on 27 August 2019.
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format (both pdf and Word). Please send any queries about this consultation to the same email address.
Submissions received after the closing date and time will not be valid, and AEMO is not obliged to consider them. Any late submissions should explain the reason for lateness and the detriment to you if AEMO does
not consider your submission.
All submissions will be published on AEMO’s website, other than confidential content.
First Stage Documents
- Notice of First Stage Consultation Declared NEM project 5MS Program (52 KB, pdf)
- Consultation Paper Declared NEM Project 5 Minute Settlement (147 KB, pdf)
First Stage Submissions
- Alinta Submission - Declared NEW Project_Final (179 KB, pdf)
- Declared Project - Issues Paper - Red and Lumo Energy (283 KB, pdf)
- Ergon Energy Queensland Submission to AEMO Declared NEM Project (129 KB, pdf)