Ergon Energy Corporation Limited - Regulatory Test Consultation - Rural area SW of Kingaroy
In this section
In this section
- Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink PACR - Maintain reliability of supply in Blackwater
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of AC Board Failure Project
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of Instrument Transformer Failure
- TransGrid & Powerlink Project Assessment Draft Report: Expanding NSW-QLD Transmission Transfer Capacity
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- SA Power Networks release new version of their Demand Side Engagement Document
- Douglas Shire Non-network options report
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Powerlink Queensland - Summary of PADR - Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report Managing the risk of protection relay failure
- Powerlink Queensland Project Assessment Conclusions Report Maintaining reliability of supply at Kamerunga Substation
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report - Managing the Risk of Isolator Failure Project Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- TransGrid Publishes TAPR 2019
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Reinforcing the New South Wales Southern Shared Network to increase transfer capacity to the state’s demand centres
- Managing the Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Wagga 330 kV substation secondary systems
Where the technical limits of a distribution system will be exceeded and the rectification options are likely to exceed $10M, Ergon Energy is required under the National Electricity Rules s5.6.2(f) to consult with affected Registered Participants, AEMO and Interested Parties within the time required for corrective action and meet certain requirements, including undertaking analysis that satisfies the AER’s Regulatory Test, in selection of an appropriate solution.
Ergon Energy Corporation Limited (Ergon Energy) is responsible (under its Distribution Authority) for electricity supply to the Wide Bay area in southern Queensland. We have identified emerging limitations in the electricity distribution network supplying the rural area south-west of Kingaroy. The loads on Ergon Energy’s zone substation and 11kV network in the area south-west of Kingaroy have progressively increased such that augmentation is required if reliable supply is to be maintained.
To meet the security of supply criteria for the 11kV Kumbia feeder supply area Ergon Energy needs an additional minimum of 2MVA firm capacity at 11kV to be provided to this area. This size has been matched to expected load requirements within Ergon Energy’s typical 10 year planning horizon.
Ergon Energy published a Request for Information relating to this emerging network constraint on 27 November 2014. Four submissions were received by the closing date of 29 January 2014.
On the 25th March 2014, Ergon Energy was advised that the Queensland Government had accepted the recommendations of the Inter-Departmental Committee on Electricity Sector Reform (IDC) that necessitated Ergon Energy adopt a probabilistic approach to planning and remove the policy obligation for ‘N-x’ planning standards from 1 July 2014 onwards.
As a consequence of these changes to security standards, Ergon Energy considers that reliability driven augmentation is no longer required to address an identified need in the timeframe referred to in the original consultation.
Therefore, Ergon Energy recommends adopting a ‘do nothing’ approach and to close this consultation on the basis that Ergon Energy will still be able to meet its security criteria and that it would not be prudent and efficient to proceed with the works.
Rural Area SW of Kingaroy Final Recommendation
26 June 2014 | filesize: 83.7 KB (.pdf)
Ergon Energy Corporation Limited Regulatory Test Consultation Rural area SW of Kingaroy
27 November 2013 | filesize: 547 KB (.pdf)
- Attention:Network Planning and Strategy
- Email: email@example.com
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated information will be provided on our web site: