Manual Load Shedding Standard
In this section
In this section
- NEM Customer Switching Consultation
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Book Build Procedure Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- Interim reliability forecast guidelines consultation
- Dispatch – Miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
- Declared NEM Project – 5MS Program
- Enhancements to RERT rule change - Update to Procedures
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Dispatch Procedures (Spot Market, Non-Rules Consultation Package)
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 3)
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Manual Load Shedding Standard
- Five Minute Settlement - Procedure for the Dispatch and Activation of Reserve Contracts
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
- Consultation On Proposed Amendments To The Guidelines For Preparing Local Black System Procedures (LBSP)
- Q3 2019 B2B Procedures consultation
Date of Notice: 01 May 2019
This notice informs all Consulted Persons that AEMO is conducting a consultation on the publication of a new Load Shedding Standard.
This consultation is being conducted under clauses 4.3.4(e) of the National Electricity Rules (NER), where this draft document is designated as a power system operating procedure under clause 4.10.1(a)(5) of the NER.
Matter under Consultation
AEMO is consulting on a new Manual Load Shedding Standard, for the purposes of clause 4.3.4(e) of the National Electricity Rules (NER). This standard is intended to complement the Jurisdictional Load Shedding Guidelines published by the Jurisdictional System Security Coordinator (JSSC) in each region. It also supports the Transmission Network Service Providers (TNSPs) in defining the objectives and content of the Load Shedding Plans. These plans are to be developed in consultation with the Distribution Network Service Providers (DNSPs) and applied in real-time at the request of AEMO.
The Consultation Process
Closing date for submissions in response to this Notice
30 Sept 2019
Publication of Draft Report and Determination
28 Oct 2019
Closing date for submissions in response to the Draft Report
02 Dec 2019
Publication of Final Report and Determination
31 Dec 2019
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates are indicative only and subject to change.
Invitation to Make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on the matter under consultation, including any alternative or additional proposals you consider may better meet the objectives of this consultation and the national electricity objective in section 7 of the National Electricity Law.
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
Please note that material identified as confidential may be given less weight in the decision-making process than material that is published.
In your submission, you may request a meeting with AEMO to discuss the matter under consultation, stating why you consider a meeting is necessary or desirable.
If appropriate, meetings may be held jointly with other Consulted Persons. Subject to confidentiality restrictions, AEMO will generally make details of matters discussed at a meeting available to other Consulted Persons, and may publish them.
Closing Date and Time
Submissions in response to this Notice of First Stage of Rules Consultation should be sent by email to email@example.com, using “Load Shedding Standard Submission” as the email heading. This email must reach AEMO by 5.00pm (Melbourne time) on 30 Sept 2019.
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format (both pdf and Word). Please send any queries about this consultation to the same email address.
Submissions received after the closing date and time will not be valid, and AEMO is not obliged to consider them. Any late submissions should explain the reason for lateness and the detriment to you if AEMO does not consider your submission.
All submissions will be published on AEMO’s website, other than confidential content.
First Stage Documents
- Notice of First Stage Consultation Manual Load Shedding (95 KB, pdf)
- Manual Load Shedding Standard (275 KB, pdf)