NEM Customer Switching Consultation
In this section
In this section
- NEM Customer Switching Consultation
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Book Build Procedure Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- Interim reliability forecast guidelines consultation
- Dispatch – Miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
- Declared NEM Project – 5MS Program
- Enhancements to RERT rule change - Update to Procedures
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Dispatch Procedures (Spot Market, Non-Rules Consultation Package)
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 3)
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Manual Load Shedding Standard
- Five Minute Settlement - Procedure for the Dispatch and Activation of Reserve Contracts
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
- Consultation On Proposed Amendments To The Guidelines For Preparing Local Black System Procedures (LBSP)
- Q3 2019 B2B Procedures consultation
Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is conducting a consultation on the proposed amendments to the Market Settlement and Transfer Solutions (MSATS) procedures in response to the Australian Energy Market Commission's (AEMC's) draft determination for the Reducing Customer Switching rule change.
This consultation is being conducted in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in clause 8.9 of the National Electricity Rules (NER).
On 3rd December 2018, the AEMC in conjunction with AEMO provided joint advice (477 KB, pdf) to the COAG Energy Council Standing Committee of Officials regarding the implementation options for recommendations 8 and 9 of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s (ACCC’s) Retail Electricity Pricing final report (9.21 MB, pdf).
The AEMC and AEMO advice proposed a number of actions to improve the existing customer transfer process. These proposed actions were broader than the recommendations proposed by the ACCC. The proposed actions included the provision by AEMO of a High-Level Design (HLD), and associated rule changes, for a customer transfer process that streamlines existing procedures and improves customer outcomes and competition in the National Electricity Market (NEM) retail market.
On 24 May 2019, the AEMO submitted a rule change request (1.1 MB, pdf) (including the proposed HLD) to the AEMC to amend the NER and the National Energy Retail Rules (NERR). The rule change and proposed HLD has been submitted to the AEMC to support the delivery of reducing customer transfer times, by making procedural changes to improve customer transfer processes.
On 4 July 2019, the AEMC commenced the Reducing Customer Switching consultation on AEMO’s rule change request.
Indicative* Consultation Timeline
Status Pre-Consultation Workshop
21 August 2019 Completed
Initial Draft Procedures, Issues Paper and Notice of Consultation
17 October 2019
22 November 2019
Draft Report and Notice of Consultation (indicative)
20 December 2019
23 January 2020
Final Report and Determination
21 February 2020
** Submissions provided after the closing date will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please reach out to NEM.Retailprocedureconsultations@aemo.com.au if you have any questions.
Matter under Consultation
AEMO invites comments on the proposed changes contained within the Notice of First Stage of Consultation and Issues Paper.
Submissions should be forwarded to AEMO by 5:00pm (Melbourne time) on Friday 22 November 2019.
- Notice of First Stage Consultation (99.4 KB, pdf)
- NEM Customer Switching Issues Paper (526 KB, pdf)
- Participant Response Template – First Stage (95.5 KB, doc)
Note: To help stakeholders and other interested parties respond to this Issues Paper, AEMO will publish a draft of MSATS CATS and MDFF procedures incorporating the changes AEMO proposes for consultation by 31st October 2019. Clean and change-marked versions will be available at this consultation page.
- NEM Customer Switching pre-consultation workshop presentation (400 KB, pdf)
- NEM Customer Switching pre-consultation workshop and feedback notes (131 KB, pdf)