Power System Frequency Risk Review Consultation
In this section
In this section
- Enhancements to RERT rule change - Update to Procedures
- NEM Customer Switching Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Dispatch Procedures (Spot Market, Non-Rules Consultation Package)
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 3)
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Manual Load Shedding Standard
- Five Minute Settlement - Procedure for the Dispatch and Activation of Reserve Contracts
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
- Book Build Procedure Consultation
- Consultation On Proposed Amendments To The Guidelines For Preparing Local Black System Procedures (LBSP)
- Q3 2019 B2B Procedures consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Auction Participation Agreement
- Five Minute Settlement – Reallocation procedures
- Dispatch – Pricing and miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
Matter Under Consultation
The Power System Frequency Risk Review (PSFRR) is an integrated, periodic review of power system frequency risks associated with non-credible contingency events in the National Electricity Market (NEM).
In accordance with Clause 5.20A.1 of the National Electricity Rules (NER), AEMO, in consultation with Transmission Network Service Providers (TNSPs), completed a PSFRR for the NEM, considering:
- Non-credible contingency events which AEMO expects could likely involve uncontrolled frequency changes leading to cascading outages or major supply disruption.
- Current arrangements for managing such non-credible contingency events.
- Options for future management of such events.
- The performance of existing Emergency Frequency Control Schemes (EFCSs).
- 2018 Power System Frequency Risk Review Draft Report (1.5 MB, pdf)
- Energy Queensland submission on Draft Report (62 KB, pdf)
AEMO has completed its consultation on the 2018 PSFRR in June 2018.
- 2018 Power System Frequency Risk Review Final Report (1.5 MB, pdf)