Reliability And Emergency Reserve Trader (RERT) - AEMO's External Procedure Amendment
In this section
In this section
- Consultation on proposed amendments to the Guidelines for Preparing Local Black System Procedures (LBSP)
- NEM Customer Switching Consultation
- Primary Frequency Response under Normal Operating Conditions
- Dispatch Procedures (Spot Market, Non-Rules Consultation Package)
- Dispatch – Miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
- Declared NEM Project – 5MS Program
- Five Minute Settlement - Procedure for the Dispatch and Activation of Reserve Contracts
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Book Build Procedure Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- Enhancements to RERT rule change - Update to Procedures
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 3)
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Manual Load Shedding Standard
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
- Q3 2019 B2B Procedures consultation
Final Report and Determination
Date of Notice: 27 October 2017
The publication of this Final Report and Determination (Final Report) completes the Rules consultation process conducted by AEMO to consider proposed changes to the Procedure for the Exercise of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader under the National Electricity Rules (NER).
This consultation was conducted under clauses 3.6.1, 3.6.2, and 3.6.2A of the National Electricity Rules (NER), in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in rule 8.9 of the NER.
Matter under Consultation
The matter for consultation was proposed changes to the Procedure for the Exercise of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader.
The Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) National Electricity Amendment Rule 2016 No. 5 repealed the expiry of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader (RERT), and reduced the maximum period where AEMO can enter into, or renegotiate, a reserve contract from nine months to ten weeks, effectively eliminating the “long notice” reserves.
This Rules change also required AEMO to amend its RERT procedures in accordance with clause 3.20.7(e) by 1 November 2017, to reflect the Amending Rule and the amended RERT guidelines.
The Consultation Process
The stages and timing for the completed consultation are below.
Process Stage Indicative Stage Notice of first stage of consultation published 13 April 2017 Submissions due on draft amended procedure 23 May 2017 Draft Report Published 14 August 2017 Submissions due on Draft Report 28 August 2017 Final Consultation Report published 29 September 2017 Amended RERT Procedure published 29 September 2017 Changes on RERT Rules and Guidelines become effective 01 November 2017
The publication of this Final Report marks the completion of the consultation.
AEMO did not receive any submissions in regards to the first or second stages of this consultation; therefore AEMO will amend the Procedure for the Exercise of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader in the form published with the first stage of Rules consultation on 13 April 2017.