SRA Secondary Trading Consultation
In this section
In this section
- Enhancements to RERT rule change - Update to Procedures
- NEM Customer Switching Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Dispatch Procedures (Spot Market, Non-Rules Consultation Package)
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 3)
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Manual Load Shedding Standard
- Five Minute Settlement - Procedure for the Dispatch and Activation of Reserve Contracts
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
- Book Build Procedure Consultation
- Consultation On Proposed Amendments To The Guidelines For Preparing Local Black System Procedures (LBSP)
- Q3 2019 B2B Procedures consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Auction Participation Agreement
- Five Minute Settlement – Reallocation procedures
- Dispatch – Pricing and miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
Date of Notice: 30 January 2019
The Settlements Residue Committee have approved the amendments to the Settlement Residue Auction Rules (Auction Rules) to implement secondary trading. This includes amendments to the Auction Participant Agreement and Settlements Residue Distribution Agreement.
This approval is in accordance with 3.18.5(b)(2) of the National Electricity Rules (NER), where AEMO has conducted the consultation in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in rule 8.9 of the NER.
The final report and final version of the Auction Rules are available at the links below.
The new version of the Auction Rules and associated agreements is targeted to be in effect from 1 July 2019. AEMO will publish a notice at least 15 business days prior to the effective date to make the Auction Rules, and communicate this to all participants.
AEMO is conducting a consultation on the proposed amendments to the Settlements Residue Auction Rules (Auction Rules) and associated agreements to implement secondary trading under the National Electricity Rules (NER).
This consultation is being conducted under clause 3.18 of the Rules, in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in clause 8.9 of the Rules.
Any queries should be directed to Nicole Dodd at email@example.com
First stage of consultation
- Notice of First Stage of Consultation (204 KB, pdf)
- Consultation Paper (781 KB, pdf)
- Settlements Residue Auction Rules - Change-marked (1.4 MB, pdf)
First stage submissions
Second stage of Consultation
- Notice of Second Stage of Consultation and Draft Report (761 KB, pdf)
Second stage submissions
- EnergyAustralia (195 KB, pdf)