Business-to-Business Working Group
The Business-to-Business Working Group (B2B-WG) has been established by the Information Exchange Committee (IEC) to provide advice to the IEC on issues and opportunities relating to the B2B framework, Procedures and Guide and to develop changes to these where necessary on behalf of the IEC.
The B2B-WG is distinct from the Power of Choice Business-to-Business Working Group (POCB2B-WG), which was created to oversee B2B changes for the Power of Choice reforms and has since been disbanded.
Terms of reference
- B2B-WG Terms of Reference – 6 February 2019 (207 KB, pdf)
The B2B-WG consists of five members which represent each of the B2B participant categories: namely, distributors, metering business, and retailers. AEMO provides secretariat services to the B2B-WG. A full list of current B2B-WG members is published below.
Robert Mitchell Energy Queensland Robert.Mitchell@energyq.com.au
SA Power Networks
Robert Lo Giudice
Shawn Tan EnergyAustralia Shawn.Tan@energyaustralia.com.au
Red and Lumo Energy
Dates of upcoming meetings
B2B-WG meetings are held as required; as such, the below dates are tentative only:
- Tuesday 13 August 2019
- Wednesday 18 September 2019
- Wednesday 29 October 2019 – Thursday 30 October 2019
- Wednesday 11 December 2019
Issue / Change Form
Participants who want to identify a prospective change to B2B Procedures should submit an Issue / Change Form (ICF) to firstname.lastname@example.org using the template below.
- B2B ICF template (74 KB, docx)
Deferred Power of Choice tranasctions
During the implementation of Power of Choice (PoC) project, 51 potential transactions that were not considered at the time to be a high-priority were deferred for later review. The Information Exchange Committee, in conjunction with its Business-to-Business Working Group, has now finalised its review of these deferred potential transactions.
Of the 51 items reviewed:
- Ten items have been incorporated into a consultation package on B2B Procedures
that will commence in late 2019.
- Nineteen items are adequately addressed by existing transactions and require no
additional actions and have been closed.
- Seven potential transactions do not have sufficient volumes to merit progressing at
this time. These will be monitored by the B2B-WG on an annual basis, commencing
in late 2020.
- Two potential transactions are dependant on changes to standing data and will be
included on a B2B change register to be considered when AEMO reviews its standing
- Three of the potential changes relate to MSATS rather than B2B. These transactions
will be addressed by the Australian Energy Market Commissions’s proposed changes
to embedded networks or have been referred to AEMO for consideration.
- Ten of the proposed transactions were not within the remit of B2B Procedures or the
B2B Guide, but rather should be the subject of bilateral commercial agreements
between specific participants, or jurisdictions. These potential transactions have been
The full list of transactions can be found below:
- B2B Post-PoC transaction review (41 KB, xlsx)
For further information on this review, please contact the Business-to-Business Working Group at email@example.com.