DER Register portal
AEMO’s Distributed Energy Resource (DER) Register Installer Portal is now live.
- You will be required to provide data directly to AEMO’s DER Register via AEMO’s Portal or via registered mobile applications, such as the Formbay Solar app.
- Your NSP will create an initial record and provide you with a NMI and Job Number which is required to create an account and access the DER record.
SA, VIC, TAS and QLD Installers:
- Your NSP will collect the data required to update the DER Register – you do not require access to AEMO’s DER Register portal.
Also note – You will need an active Job Number and NMI to set up an account.
DER Register Installer Portal
Guides for using the portal
- The user guide includes an overview of the full functionality and how to use the DER Register Portal:
- The “How to” video below will assist you with your first time accessing and updating a DER Record.
- Access to FAQs that provide solutions to commonly asked questions - available here.
Contact your local Network Service Provider for more details:
- On how to provide information for the DER Register
- On what information is required for the DER Register
- When your access to a DER record is locked
When you create an account with Australian Energy Market Operator Limited (AEMO)'s Distributed Energy Resources Register (DER Register), AEMO will be collecting your name, email address and licence number for the purposes of enabling, and authorising, your use of the DER Register. If AEMO does not collect this information, you will be unable to access the DER Register. Unless required by law, AEMO will not disclose your account details to any third parties (including to any overseas recipient).