System Management reports
Reports and information that are published by AEMO are available below.
Under the Market Rules, System Management must provide a report once every three months on the performance of the market with respect to the dispatch process. This report must include details of:
- The incidence and extent of issuance of Dispatch Instructions.
- The incidence and extent of non-compliance with Dispatch Instructions.
- The incidence and extent of transmission constraints.
- The incidence and extent of shortfalls in Ancillary Services, involuntary curtailment of load, High Risk Operating States, and Emergency Operating States, together with:
- A summary of the circumstances that caused each such incident.
- A summary of the actions that System Management took in response to the incident in each case.
The latest status reports are available on the Economic Regulation Authority (ERA) website, here.
Previous status reports
Status Report for 1 April 2016 to 30 June 2016 (366 KB, doc)
Status Report for 1 January 2016 to 31 March 2016 (370 KB, doc)Status Report for 1 April 2013 to 30 June 2013 (194 KB)
These documents are published in accordance with clause 7.12.2 of the Market Rules.
Annual ancillary services report
Each year System Management must prepare a report pursuant to its obligations under clause 3.11.11 of the WEM Rules. The report comprises three parts:
- The quantities of each of the Ancillary Services provided in the preceding year, including Ancillary Services provided under Ancillary Service Contracts, and the adequacy of these quantities.
- The total cost of each of the categories of Ancillary Services provided, including Ancillary Services provided under Ancillary Service Contracts, in the preceding year.
- The Ancillary Service requirements for the coming year and the Ancillary Services plan to meet those requirements.
Current Annual Ancillary Services Report
- 2019 Ancillary Services Report (658 KB, pdf)
Previous annual ancillary services reports
2018 Ancillary Services Report (668 KB, pdf)
2017 Ancillary Services Report (949 KB, pdf)
2016 Ancillary Services Report (623 KB)
2015 Ancillary Services Report (623 KB)
2013 Ancillary Services Report (219 KB)
2012 Ancillary Services Report (199 KB)
2011 Ancillary Services Report (106 KB)
2010 Ancillary Services Report (95 KB)
2009 Ancillary Services Report (92 KB)
2008 Ancillary Services Report (82 KB)
2007 Ancillary Services Report (74 KB)
This document is published in accordance with clause 10.5.1(g) of the WEM Rules.
Ancillary services shortfalls
Under the WEM Rules, AEMO must publish information on any shortfalls in Ancillary Services for each completed Trading Day in the previous twelve calendar months.
Previous notifications of ancillary services shortfalls
This document is published pursuant to clause 10.5.1(j)(v) of the WEM Rules.
Synergy non-compliance information
System Management provides to AEMO a Dispatch Schedule for each non-Synergy facility, indicating the:
- Operating level required of that facility by System Management in each Trading Interval.
- Fuel it ran on (if different from that given in the relevant Fuel Declaration).
- Dispatch Instructions that gave rise to that Dispatch Schedule.
In addition, there is a Dispatch Schedule reflecting the total energy supplied by Synergy based on operational meter and Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) data.
AEMO must publish reports providing the megawatt hours (MWh) of non-compliance of Synergy by Trading Interval, as specified by System Management in accordance with clause 7.13.1A(a) of the WEM Rules for each Trading Month which has been settled.
System Management has not advised AEMO of non-compliance in any interval in any Trading Day.
This document is published in accordance with clause 10.5.1(vA) of the WEM Rules.