Wholesale IT systems software
Data interchange (DI) is a set of cooperating applications to replicate data between AEMO’s Wholesale Market Systems and registered participants' RDBMS conforming to the Electricity and/or Gas Data Models. AEMO recommends participants use the Data Interchange software (supplied by AEMO) to automate receiving and storage of the subscribed reports from Data Subscriptions. The data is conveniently stored in the participant's RDBMS conforming to the MMS Data Model.
Bundled below are all the components necessary, including guides for each component, for a new installation of Data Interchange. Each bundle is for a specific RDBMS and latest release of the Electricity and Gas Data Models. You can find the upgrade bundles in the EMMS Web Portal, under Data Interchange and then Data Subscription.
Data Interchange software
- DIbundle-Oracle11g - Elect v4.29 - Gas v2.1 (76 MB, zip)
- DIbundle-Oracle12c - Elect v4.29 - Gas v2.1 (76 MB, zip)
- DIbundle-SQLServer2012 - Elect v4.29 - Gas v2.1 (67 MB, zip)
- DIbundle-SQLServer2014 - Elect v4.28 - Gas v2.1 (67 MB, zip)
Registered Participants can also find Data Interchange software and guides on the Participant File Share and EMMS Markets Portal > Data Subscription.
Data Interchange guides
- Data Interchange Framework and Glossary (660 KB, pdf)
- Guide to setting up a standard Data Interchange environment (1.8 MB, pdf)
- Guide to upgrading a standard Data Interchange environment (1.5 MB, pdf)
- Concise Guide to Data Interchange (2.1 MB, pdf)
- Comprehensive Data Interchange Guide (6 MB, pdf)
- Guide to Troubleshooting Data Interchange (2.3 MB, pdf)
- Data Model Installation Note (411 KB, pdf)
Electricity Data Model
The Electricity Data Model is the definition of the interface to participants for NEM wholesale data published by AEMO. A database conforming to the Electricity Data Model can contain a local copy of all current participant-specific data recorded in the main NEM database. The following guides explain the packages, tables, and reports in the Electricity Data Model.
- MMS Data Model Upgrade Report v4.29 (1 MB, pdf)
- MMS Data Model Report v4.29 (12.6 MB, pdf)
- MMS Data Model Package Summary v4.29 (1.3 MB, pdf)
- MMS Data Model Table to File to Report Relationships workbook v4.29 (46 KB, xlsx)
AEMO's wholesale system generates files continually, based on changes, five-minute dispatch runs, etc. These files (also known as reports) are typically comma-separated values (CSV) files. The files contain private and public data available to each participant. Using Data Subscription, participants can:
- Obtain the MMS Data Model scripts for building and maintaining their participant's RDBMS conforming to the MMS Data Model.
- Subscribe to the files made available by AEMO on the Participant File Server.
- Unsubscribe from any files that are no longer required.
- Guide to Data Subscription (4.1 MB, pdf)
Displays the status of the Data Interchange components within a participant organisation. A list of filenames, delivery dates, and a file re-request count (where a file is sent to the participant's system more than once). Multiple file deliveries can indicate a problem at the participant's end.
View data sharing arrangements you have with other Participant IDs. The Guide to Data Sharing explains how to share data with another participant ID using the Data Interchange software.
File delivery Summary
Allows participants to query all delivered files within a date range, request selected files re-delivered to the file server.
The performance monitor is a graphical view of the current Data Interchange environment run and managed by AEMO. Participants not receiving data, or experiencing data delays can contrast the data delivery performance of their Data Interchange environment to AEMO's Data Interchange performance environment.
Participant Data Replication Monitor
The Participant Data Replication Monitor (pdrMonitor) software is a component of Data Interchange, providing participants with visualisation of the status of their Data Interchange systems. The software is for Registered Participants using the Data Interchange software to replicate data between their systems and AEMO’s. Participants install, configure, and use the pdrMonitor on their local computers.
- Guide to Participant Data Replication Monitor (244 KB, pdf)
CSV Data Format
Describes the CSV data format standard used within flat files provided to participants from AEMO’s wholesale system. Its primary function is to provide sufficient information to allow participants to understand the CSV data format used for exchanging data with AEMO.
Web services is an additional option to the web portal and file interfaces for system-to-system interaction with wholesale systems.
- For Web Services software and guides, see Participant Interfaces > Web Services