On Thursday, 1 April 2021 from approx.13:00 market time the 5MS Bidding Service was released into AEMO’s ‘live’ production environment. This represents the formal start of the bidding service transition to five-minute settlement in preparation for rule commencement on 1 October 2021.
The 5MS Bidding Service functionality that is now available in production includes:
- NEMDE, PASA, SOMMS use 5-min bid tables.
- Participants have the option to submit 5-minute bidding following the rules listed below
- API (JSON)
- Web: manually in the interface, import (or export) a csv file, upload a JSON file.
- FTP a JSON schema file to the Participant File Server.
Please note: The 5MS Bidding Service will be operated in transition mode, which means participants will have the option to:
- Remain bidding in 30-minute mode via the legacy interface until 30 September 2021 23:59:59 AEST (11:59:59PM AEST)
- Start using the new functionality to make 5-minute bids. However, each 5-minute period submitted within a half-hour must be identical until 1 October 2021. This includes bids submitted in advance of 1 October 2021 for the period post 5MS rule commencement.
The 5MS Bidding Transition Plan and related FAQ document were developed through consultation with industry. It outlines the expected responsibilities, activities, dependencies and timeframes for completion for elements of the Bidding transition. The following table provides a guide of what to expect during the transition phase and what will change on 1 October at rule commencement.