Work package 1: WDR guidelines
The WDR guidelines is a newly required document (NER clause 3.10.1), applying to AEMO and registered participants. The guidelines will cover a range of new processes, requirements and methodologies that are necessary to implement the WDR mechanism. AEMO is required to publish the WDR guidelines no later than 24 June 2021.
The WDR guidelines will include:
- Requirements for classification & aggregation of WDRUs
- Process for developing baseline methodologies, including new proposals
- Process to apply baseline methodology and baseline settings to a WDRU
- Process to change the maximum responsive component of a WDRU
- Arrangements for providing details applicable to a WDRU (baseline methodology/settings, maximum responsive component)
- Telemetry and communications equipment requirements
- Methodology for regional non-SCADA telemetered thresholds
- Any other WDR Guidelines items, which may include:
- Baseline methodology metrics
- Baseline compliance testing
AEMO has established the WDR Guidelines Technical Working Group (TWG) to enable effective dialogue between AEMO and stakeholders on matters relating to the development of the guidelines. This stakeholder engagement opportunity is additional to the consultation processes required under the “rules consultation procedure” (NER clause 8.9).
Wholesale demand response guidelines is a new document to be developed.
|Publish issues paper||October 2020|
|Submissions due||November 2020|
|Publish draft procedure and draft determination||December 2020|
|Submissions due||February 2021|
|Publish final procedure and final determination||March 2021|
- Preparing issues paper