Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
IMPORTANT: AEMO has postponed all face-to-face energy education courses during the COVID-19 health alert. Webinars will proceed as planned, and e-learning continues to be available.
We are currently working to develop a technology delivery solution to allow instructor-led courses to proceed virtually where appropriate, and will update the course schedule accordingly once this is in place.
Please check this page regularly for the status of upcoming sessions.
We are not currently accepting any new registrations for face-to-face courses. To be notified by email when registrations re-open, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the course(s) you are interested in.
This two-day workshop explains how and why constraints are used to manage the power system, and the effect they may have on the market.
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service (FCAS) constraints.
- The network characteristics that determine constraints.
- How constraints are derived and formulated.
- The effect constraints have on dispatch outcomes.
- Where to find out more about how particular constraints affect your organisation.
Attendees of the course will gain a working-level understanding of constraints and their impact on the NEM.
$1,100 (plus GST) per person.
|24 & 25 March 2020||Sydney||Postponed|
|12 & 13 May 2020||Brisbane||Registrations suspended|
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
- "The course is well-structured and covered a hard topic in good detail and kept it interesting."
- "Thought the whole course was done extremely well."
- "Covered nearly all aspects I had an interest in and catered for all levels of understanding."
For further information, please contact email@example.com.