Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
With ongoing physical distancing restrictions in place nation-wide, all AEMO instructor-led courses will be delivered virtually until further notice.
This workshop explains how and why constraints are used to manage the power system, and the effect they may have on the market. The course is delivered over two days (in-person) or four half-days (virtual).
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service (FCAS) constraints.
- The network characteristics that determine constraints.
- How constraints are derived and formulated.
- The effect constraints have on dispatch outcomes.
- Where to find out more about how particular constraints affect your organisation.
Attendees of the course will gain a working-level understanding of constraints and their impact on the NEM.
$1,210 (plus GST) per person.
The vital nature of eLearning
Please be advised that the eLearning component of the course contains fundamental information that is vital for you getting the most value from the instructor-led sessions. We highly recommend that all attendees complete the eLearning prior to the instructor-led sessions to capitalise on the information provided during the course.
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
- "The course is well-structured and covered a hard topic in good detail and kept it interesting."
- "Thought the whole course was done extremely well."
- "Covered nearly all aspects I had an interest in and catered for all levels of understanding."
For further information, please contact email@example.com.