Reserve Capacity Mechanism
AEMO has postponed all face-to-face energy education courses during the COVID-19 health alert. Webinars will proceed as planned, and e-learning continues to be available.
Some courses have now been adapted for virtual instructor led delivery and course schedules will be updated regularly to reflect their current status.
Where a course has not yet re-commenced via virtual delivery, please contact email@example.com to be notified when registrations re-open, and include the name of the course(s) you are interested in.
The Reserve Capacity Mechanism (RCM) education session provides background on the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) in Western Australia (WA), including the history of the RCM, with a strong emphasis on the features of the capacity market.
- Information on annual publications like the WEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities.
- The concept of capacity credits.
- The certification process through which certified facilities can get paid to offer capacity into the market.
- Obligations certified facilities must meet to receive capacity payments.
- The consequences of a facility failing to meet its reserve capacity obligations.
- The different cost allocations captured through the individual reserve capacity requirement mechanism.
Attendees of the course will gain in-depth knowledge into the RCM.
|23 April 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Registrations suspended|
|21 May 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Registrations suspended|
|18 June 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Registrations suspended|
- The course is free to WEM participants.
- Non-WEM participants: $150 (plus GST) per person.
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
For bulk enrolments (10 attendee or more), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.