Demand Side Participation Information Guidelines
In this section
In this section
- Interactive maps and dashboards
- Electricity Forecasting Insights
- Previous National Electricity Forecasting Report
- NEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities
- National Transmission Network Development Plan
- Victorian transmission network service provider role
- Independent regional planning reports
- Load forecasting in pre-dispatch and STPASA
- Solar and wind energy forecasting
- Transmission Connection Point Forecasting
- Generation information page
- South Australian Advisory Functions
- Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP)
- Value of Customer Reliability
- Demand Side Participation Information Guidelines
AEMO is developing a data portal for participants to submit their Demand Side Participation (DSP) information in accordance with the Demand Side Participation Information Guidelines (Guidelines).
Participants will require secure access to the data portal to submit their data, and will need to request a user account for authentication.
Please click here to nominate a contact person for AEMO to contact regarding your Demand Side Participation Information and your user account.
Further technical and background information regarding DSP information can be found below.
DSP Portal next steps:
The next steps are:
Pre-Prod system available for participants to familiarise themselves and to test their processes and systems. This system will be available until at least 31 January 2018.
AEMO intends to hold a meeting to facilitate participant feedback regarding the data portal (exact date TBC).
31 March 2018
The data portal will go live for participant submissions to begin.
COB 30 April 2018
DSP information submissions close.
Further technical Information:
The DSP data portal will leverage existing AEMO infrastructure and will use MarketNet - AEMO’s private data network connection. For further details about the options available to connect to MarketNet, refer to AEMO’s Guide to Information Systems.
For participants wanting to use the CSV file submission method, AEMO will provide a CSV template, and CSV guide/specification. AEMO will provide these shortly via this webpage.
As required by clause 3.7D of the National Electricity Rules (NER), AEMO consulted on the development of Demand Side Participation Information Guidelines (Guidelines) in accordance with the Rules consultation process in rule 8.9.
The Guidelines specify the information that Registered Participants must submit to AEMO for AEMO’s use when developing or using electricity load forecasts, with the objective of giving AEMO better quality information to further develop and improve its current load forecasting.
These Guidelines are effective as of 19 July 2017. Each year, beginning March 2018, Registered Participants must provide data that was current as at 31 March of that year, by 5.00pm 30 April.