AEMO has completed consultation on amendments to the Auction Participation Agreement (APA). The APA is Schedule 1 of the Settlements Residue Auction Rules document. The amendments were made to support the implementation of the Five-Minute Settlement Rule and Global Settlement Rule.
The amendments will take effect on a date to be specified depending on SRC approval. This is likely to be in November 2019, to provide a limited window for existing participants to execute a new APA that includes amendments for secondary trading without the amendments determined in this consultation. AEMO will publish notice of the effective date approximately three weeks in advance.
The final determination, including the final procedure is available through the link below.
Any queries should be directed to AEMO's Five-Minute Settlement email address 5MS@aemo.com.au.
Final Stage Consultation Documents
- Auction Participation Agreement Final Determination (811 KB, pdf)
Second Stage Submissions
- Origin (716 KB, pdf)
Second Stage Consultation Documents
- Auction Participation Agreement Draft Determination (315 KB, pdf)
- Settlements Residue Action Rules - clean (646 KB, pdf)
- Settlements Residue Action Rules - marked up (646 KB, pdf)
First Stage Submissions
- First Stage Participant Response - Origin (132 KB, pdf)
First Stage Consultation Documents
- Notice of First Stage Consultation (111 KB, pdf)
- Auction Participation Agreement Issues Paper (286 KB, pdf)
- Participant Response Template - First Stage (43 KB, docx)
- Settlements Residue Auction Rules - clean (646 KB, pdf)
- Settlements Residue Auction Rules - marked up (646 KB, pdf)