Matter Under Consultation
The Power System Frequency Risk Review (PSFRR) is an integrated, periodic review of power system frequency risks associated with non-credible contingency events in the National Electricity Market (NEM).
In accordance with Clause 5.20A.1 of the National Electricity Rules (NER), AEMO, in consultation with Transmission Network Service Providers (TNSPs), completed a PSFRR for the NEM, considering:
- Non-credible contingency events which AEMO expects could likely involve uncontrolled frequency changes leading to cascading outages or major supply disruption.
- Current arrangements for managing such non-credible contingency events.
- Options for future management of such events.
- The performance of existing Emergency Frequency Control Schemes (EFCSs).
- 2018 Power System Frequency Risk Review Draft Report (1.5 MB, pdf)
- Energy Queensland submission on Draft Report (62 KB, pdf)
AEMO has completed its consultation on the 2018 PSFRR in June 2018.
- 2018 Power System Frequency Risk Review Final Report (1.5 MB, pdf)