AEMO consultated on proposed amendments to the Procedures for Issue of Directions and Clause 4.8.9 Instructions (power system operating procedure SO_OP_3707).
The matter for consultation was the amendment of the Procedures to:
- Specify the requirement to adjust the maximum availability of directed scheduled plant to reflect the directed quantity of energy.
- Substantially rewrite the Procedures to provide a more comprehensive description of the AEMO processes before and after issuing a direction and identify the differences between directions and clause 4.8.9 instructions.
This consultation was conducted under clause 4.8.9(b) of the National Electricity Rules (NER), in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in rule 8.9 of the NER.
This consultation is now closed.
Second Stage of Consultation
- Notice of Second Stage of Consultation and draft report (374 KB, pdf)
First Stage of Consultation
- Issues Paper (300 KB, pdf)
- Notice of First Stage of Consultation (104 KB, pdf)
- Draft Procedure (278 KB, pdf)
First Stage Submissions
- AGL Energy Limited (76 KB, pdf)