The Integrated System Plan (ISP) is a whole-of-system plan that provides an integrated roadmap for the efficient development of the National Electricity Market (NEM) over the next 20 years and beyond. This consultation relates to the transmission cost inputs that AEMO proposes to use in the 2022 ISP.
Draft Transmission Cost Report
The Draft Transmission Cost Report forms part of the 2021 Inputs, Assumptions and Scenarios Report (IASR), and was published on 28 May 2021. The draft report sets out:
- AEMO’s proposed approach to transmission cost estimation for the 2022 ISP.
- A description of the new Transmission Cost Database which incorporates a cost estimating tool.
- A summary of the design, capacity and cost estimate for each candidate transmission project in the 2022 ISP.
- A request for feedback on the proposed approach to transmission cost estimation, the Transmission Cost Database, and the transmission augmentation options under consideration.
The Draft Transmission Cost Report is supplemented by the Transmission Cost Database and associated documents as outlined below. AEMO welcomes feedback on any of these documents.
The Transmission Cost Database will be emailed to verified recipients as an Excel file containing macros. Recipients will need to enable macros to use the database, and should be aware of any risks associated with allowing macro functionality within Excel.
Invitation for submissions
All stakeholders are invited to provide a written submission to any matters discussed within the Draft Transmission Cost Report or the supporting documents. Submissions need not address all areas discussed.
Submissions should be sent via email to ISP@aemo.com.au and are required to be submitted by Friday 25 June 2021. All submissions should be provided in PDF format. Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why.
AEMO requests that, where possible, submissions should provide evidence and information to support any views or claims that are put forward.
In developing the Draft Transmission Cost Report, AEMO aims to seek stakeholder input and feedback through workshops as well as written submissions. The below figure provides further detail on the key dates of this formal consultation.
A webinar will be held on 10 June 2021 to:
- Provide an overview of the Draft Transmission Cost Report.
- Demonstrate the use of the new Transmission Cost Database for preparing cost estimates.
- Provide an opportunity for stakeholder feedback and Q&A ahead of written submissions to the consultation.
Stakeholders can register here for this webinar.