Procedures and guides
NEM settlements and prudential supervision process
These papers provide an introduction to the settlement and prudential processes the National Electricity Rules requires AEMO to administer.
For further information on these documents, please contact AEMO's Information and Support Hub.
- NEM Settlements Process - 16 November 2009 (153.54 KB, pdf)
- Prudential Supervision Process - 16 November 2009 (170.35 KB, pdf)
Participants in the National Electricity Market (NEM), Short Term Trading Market (STTM), Victorian Wholesale Gas Market, and Gas Supply Hub may be obliged under the Market Rules to provide credit support to AEMO. AEMO has a single financial guarantee pro forma to be used for these markets, and all guarantees must be in the prescribed format. It is recommended that guarantees be checked by AEMO prior to execution by emailing a draft copy to email@example.com.
- AEMO Guarantee Pro Forma - 30 May 2019 (41 KB, dotx)
- AEMO Guarantee Pro Forma - 30 May 2019 (124 KB, pdf)
Credit Support Management Guide
AEMO has prepared a Credit Support Management Guide to assist Participants with the procurement, exchange, return, and expiry of financial guarantees for the National Electricity Market, Short Term Trading Market and Victorian Wholesale Gas Market. This guide contains information on AEMO’s credit support processes and Participant obligations, and there are useful references to market rules.
- Credit Support Management Guide 16 April 2014 (414 KB, pdf)
Credit Support Webpage
This webpage is currently unavailable pending maintenance, until further notice.
For further information on credit support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Reallocation Procedures for Energy and Dollar Offset Reallocations and Swap and Option Offset Reallocations are to be followed when submitting reallocation requests or requesting access to the AEMO Reallocation Facility. Participants requesting access to Swap and Option Offset Reallocations must also provide proof of wholesale client status, please refer to the AEMO Guide to Establishing That a Person is Not a ‘Retail Client’. For reallocations to be included in the Maximum Credit Limit calculation, they must be submitted in accordance with the Reallocation Timetable.
The MMS Reallocations User Guide provides practical details on working with the browser interface to lodge reallocation requests.
For further information on this document, please contact the AEMO Support Hub.
- Reallocation Procedure Energy and Dollar Offset Reallocations - 19 July 2019 (408 KB, pdf)
- Reallocation Procedure Swap and Option Offset Reallocations - 19 July 2019 (241 KB, pdf)
- Reallocation Timetable Final - 30 June 2017 (210 KB, pdf)
- SOOR Letter of Agreement - Printable - 29 May 2017 (140 KB, docx)
- EDOR Letter of Agreement - Printable - 29 May 2017 (75 KB, docx)
Reallocation Procedure System in the Electricity Market Management Systems Web Portal
This guide provides instructions about using the Reallocations System in the Electricity Market Management Systems (EMMS) Web Portal.
- Guide to Electricity Reallocations - 01 November 2019 (1.57 MB, pdf)