Cyber Security Events
This page contains key upcoming milestones to support the delivery of the 2020 Summary Report into the Cyber Security Preparedness of the National Electricity Market and Wholesale Electricity Market.
The report is produced on the thematic findings from market participant self-assessments against the Australian Energy Sector Cyber Security Framework (AESCSF).
The scheduled timings for the 2020 report are detailed below and although are subject to adjustment can be used to support your assessment planning. Ongoing communication will advise of more detail as the assessment window opens.
January – March 2021
- 2020 Assessment communication to energy market participants (CEOs and Cyber Contacts)
- Educational workshops held via video conference
- Publication of the updated training and educational material
- Opening of data collection portal
April – May 2021
- Ongoing assessment
- Second round of the educational workshops
- Anticipated closure of the collection portal and completion of the AESCSF self-assessment period is planned for early May (CEO attestations to have been submitted along with self-assessment results at this point).
- Data collation, aggregation and analysis
- Release of the 2020 AESCSF Benchmarking portal to participants who completed a self-assessment
- Submission of the 2020 Annual Report to the Energy Ministers Forum (Formerly Council of Australian Governments Energy Council (COAG EC))
For further information, please contact the project team via email if you require further information.