- AEMO can confirm that electricity reserves for today and tomorrow morning have improved, but conditions remain volatile in the National Electricity Market (NEM).
- The current position has improved due to softer electricity demand driven by increased temperatures, the return to service of several large generating units, and other measures implemented in collaboration with network businesses to ensure maximum availability of critical transmission infrastructure.
- Despite this, AEMO continues to manually direct a large number of generators to be available to meet consumers’ energy needs.
- The wholesale electricity spot market remains suspended in all regions of the NEM.
- We’re continually assessing the ability to lift the suspension. This will be confirmed as early as possible, giving market participants time to appropriately prepare.