- Queensland is currently experiencing high electricity demand levels, driven by high temperatures and generation unavailability.
- We have issued market notices, seeking a response from generators to offer more supply, or large industrial or commercial businesses to reduce their demand.
- At this stage, we will continue to closely monitor reserve levels to maintain adequate supply as the evening peak-demand period approaches.
- AEMO has commenced activating out-of-market reserves through the Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader (RERT) mechanism.
- Further, AEMO is in discussions with the Queensland Government to use its demand-response programs to lower electricity usage.
Please refer to the following useful resources on key summer-related topics: